• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

not sure what I should do or what I should have done...

K

kaynonymous

last fall I had a nervous breakdown and was never treated for it... in fact nobody in my life knew until I told them... because I am a rather isolated and private person... of course the whole experience was even more frightening because of this. I know now that everything I was experiencing was called psychosis... I was seeing things, hearing things, crying uncontrollably to the point where I was vomiting, feeling unstable with suicidal thoughts and I was terrified because I did not know what I would do next. I lost my job and became a financial burden on my very emotionally distant and reluctantly supportive parent. I knew I should seek help but I was afraid I'd be sent somewhere and doped up on meds and have my freedoms and life ruined. Meanwhile my credit card bills were piling up and I was seeking slow relief and healing by trying to escape the stress that caused the nervous breakdown in the first place. Finally I worked alot out in my mind to the point where after a month I found a new job and am catching up again financially... and I am still healing... every day I am feeling better... but I've only told two people about this... and I dont think either of them understand or care. Maybe that is why I am here.
The thing is... what if this happens again? what if I THINK I have it all figured out... but something else comes up to bite me in the butt? I have recently realized I hold alot of anger inside of me from the whole situation leading up to the nervous breakdown. It has drained alot of my energy, and I'd be naiive if I said I was "all better"... I dont feel I am the same person I used to be.
Lately after I eat I feel nauseated... in fact alot of things just seem to make me feel nauseated lately... its like my mind and my soul are rejecting trying to re-embrace life.
I dont know what to do.
I cant afford mental help... do they provide free mental help anywhere? Do I even WANT to seek free mental help or will it mess me up more?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi and welcome to the forum:welcome:

I cant say whether you had a breakdown but i do advise you go and see your GP.Im guessing u live in America or Canada as u say you have to pay for treatment.I would ask your GP how you could go about getting the appropriate help

iffybob

iffybob

Hi

I dont know if they provide "Free" mental help , as I dont know what country you live in, you could lok into it I suppose ,

... do take care .. and do what you can to ease you own pain ... the whole break downthing can be very scarey ... its hard to deal with and get through, take care. ..

... boB .. :) ... and Welcome

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KyussEatsTheSun Other 1
Talina Other 4
PinkCandyFloss Other 2
F Other 2