• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

not sure obout zoloft after setback

T

trainwreck

3 weeks ago , i no its not long enough yet. i did a straight taper from cymbalta to zoloft, no withdrawl to shout about just got on with it , felt relieved to be off cym, and was started on 50mg zoloft for fist week now on 100mg last 2 weeks,dont no if i went through a honeymoon period but seem to be sliping backwards a bit , could be 100mg to much , or its just working its way through,read zoloft an something else i carnt think of is the top two in a poll to most likely to work ,i hope so im sick of this a.d circus,and to make things worse i feel the weight creeping on an im doing 4mile walks most day,s :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

T

trainwreck

sertaline ie zoloft

does no one take meds on this forum, i asked for some feedback on zoloft or sertaline as is english name, its one of the voted top two a.d s most likely to work ,surely some of you are on this med , tell me how much your on ,does it work , is it better higher dose or low. i am disapointed with no answers, i put vids on the chillout page ,tell jokes like the rest of us, but we need med answer,s :confused::confused::confused:

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey trainwreck I am on 50mg on a morning of sertraline, but I take it as a combination with max dose mertazapine. I'm not sure if it is working, I have been on the Mert ages but have only been on the sertraline for 4 weeks.
I am still pretty darn low, but better than I was 2 weeks ago.
Probably doesn;t help does it??

About the weight - I have gained weight but attribute that to the mert, the zoloft actually says it may cause a lack in appetite.

KS
:(

Last edited:
T

trainwreck

thanks for answering, sure it helps any info is better than none. i no what you mean with the mirt ,i only had to look at the packet an put weight on. A young girl came into hospital when i was in , she was natural slim an quit a looker , her dad had died 6 months before an it effected he bad she was found digging the front lawn of her moms house saying her dad was trying to get out.she was put on mert an actually it worked brilliant . but she put weight on an later begged the shrink to change the med as she was to marry an wanted the wedding photos to look cool,but on some people in makes little difference an they dont change. as we no most a.ds make us chubbies its the cross we have to bear, prozac is a porker .stay safe :cool::cool:

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey trainwreck are you going to start the Sertraline then - was it recommended for you?
Yes tell me about the weight - its a good job I am tall!!!

T

trainwreck

yes i am on the 4th week now first 50mg now 100mg it was recomended by some people on the forum phyco babble.also as i said i came near the top of the ad most likly to work. what mg are you taking an whats your verdict on sertraline.i was ok on the 50mg straight tappered from cymbalta in a day . went on 100mg not sure yet if its to much time will tell , im stressed at the moment with my pups being ill,how long did it take for to work if it did im one of those people a med take an age to work, like prozac took 3 months i was just about to jack it in . an i think sert is on the same lines as prozac for the serotonin value. thanks but you have only been on the same time as me mabye we will peak together

Last edited:
keepsafe

keepsafe

Yes like you say I have only been on it the same length of time 4 weeks - but also with the mert, yes will have to compare notes - I am always thinking they are not working cos I find it hard to see any improvement - but learning all the time, well I hope so.
I was prescibed it by a psych to take with the mert. See what the next week brings - let me know how it goes anyway.
I think the Idea of keeping me on both was cos I needed that extra kick and they deemed me too unstable to come off the mert and introduce another - so this is it - see what happens...waffle...waffle - er sorry excuse me!
:redface:

Oh sorry about the pups hope the get better soon.