not sure if this is normal?

P

Pffft

well i am not sure if this is something to worry about or just normal. for a while i have noticed that during some days of the week i would have an hour to 2 hours... during the day where i would feel like i could do anything! if i got offered my dream job then i would sign straight away! where i have awesome feelings where i will play footie and score the winning goal and everyone will be like... you are soo good! bla bla bla .. now i know that sounds pathetic. but in that time i actually feel epic... and then the time will pass and i will plummet back into the depression i feel. i just dont know its normal .. or not. maybe i should have mentioned into my therapist .. but then i just dont bother

T

Taff

If its bothering you mention it, sorry i am not too sure of your background so forgive me if its not helpful.
I think quite a few of us get these feelings, I was a bit like that the other day but been a bit flat since i must say.
As long as you feel ok with yourself and you feel safe dont worry so much xx

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

Hi Pffft

It sounds like you might be experiencing high mood periods or mania. It would be worth mentioning this to your therapist particularly if it's worrying you. :hug1:

I had this for 6 months when I was at my worst. I kept going from suicidal to manic it was very scary and I had no sense of control. When I was high I believed anything was possible no matter how unrealistic my movements were faster and I never stopped buzzing.

Maybe could keep a mood diary for a week to see how often it occurs and show your therapist.

C

Callalily

1-2 hours is a very short period of time for mania. I would say if it is effecting you, then you should mention it to someone though. Do you feel it is negatively impacting on your life in anyway?

bert tomato

bert tomato

I think it is normal, don't worry about it.