• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Not sure if its the right thing ive done ??

C

Chezza40

As you all know I've been struggling for a while now and today I plucked up the courage to share the letter I've written about my struggles with my best friend problem now is im scared she may think less of me when she reads it any ideas anyone??

W

Wintergirl

If you already shared it, all you can do it wait for the response and be ready to answer potential questions. Hopefully it will bring you even closer together, with someone who really understands what you’re going through

JessisMe

JessisMe

In general I wouldn’t share deep psychological issues with friends as it puts the burden on them to feel responsible for you and your struggles and that might not be a position they want to be in or appreciate being put in. If you have already shared the letter then I hope it works out. In general as much as possible I would recommend confining your discussions on your mental health issues to your therapist and places like this forum here where people are prepared to discuss these kinds of issues without feeling burdened by them. Of course your friend might welcome your sharing but many don’t. xo, j