• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Not sure if i'm just being silly...

G

gnomie

Hi,

I've signed up to this forum to seek some advise really... I'm sorry if I ramble on, but this is the first time I have expressed ANY of my thoughts to anything other than my own head!

Basically I just feel I am not right somewhere.

The thing that has made me really think about this is my "fear" of being alone with someone else. I dont know if I can call it fear, or just panic/dislike?... I dont like being on my own with a person- if there is a group of us, i'm ok but I just avoid as much as possible being alone with just 1 person. I dont know what it is im afraid of?... What to talk about maybe? Maybe a fear of not being able to stay interesting? I am often described as a bit funny/weird, as my personality and sense of humour is not like most peoples. But with my boyfriend i'm different- I will do anything to be alone with him (although this doesn't happen often).

I probably sound like I am being stupid, but I just feel that my "fears" are getting worse.

Also, I went to the doctors once, as I was feeling very down sometimes. I would just have random episodes where I would just think of anything bad as if to make myself upset... He tried to say I was depressed, and wanted to issue me with some antidepressants, but i'm sure I dont have depression as I dont have these feelings all the time.

Sorry to go on, there are niggly little things aswell as this, but these are my main concerns. I know I dont explain things very well, sorry.

I just wondered if anyone else has anything similar, and whether it is worth me going to a doctor or will I just be turned away saying i'm being silly? :unsure:

Thanks xxx

G

gnomie

I'm posting in this part of the forum as I have read on the internet about a thing called Avoidant Personality Disorder.

Although I may not be 100% of the characteristics, I feel it may be a mild case. I dont want to self diagnose, as this could force me into thinking I am but I am a little worried.

Thanks.