• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Not sure if I am being targeted at work bullying / harrassment

J

JemimaB

Hi everyone, I am a newbie on here & am in need of some advice in relation to a work issue which is causing me anxiety, unfortunately.

Not sure where to start but here goes. I am currently in a new job role, 7months + I get on great with everyone & there has been a few bumpy rides with senior staff but that is all ok now however in my team there is a staff member who goes out of her way to target me, that is how it comes across to me & she brings out a side to me that I don't recognise =anxiety.

We are both peers in the same team yet she has gone out of her way from day 1) to me make me uncomfortable e.g. accuse me of not doign my job properly, being abrupt, talking literally behind me or about me to another staff member when I have been present making out I am not doing my job properly. Bossy, it is her way or no way. I am aware the rest of the team has had issues with her but they sit on the fence about it. I have raised it with management who swapped my shifts around so I don't work with her. That was until today. The shift rota went wrong & there was +1 staff more than who should have been on that shift. She was hostile when she saw that I was on the shift & to make it easier for me I said I would go into another office basically out of her way. She took it upon herself telling me I had to do the filing. It is to be noted my other colleague who was present, she never asked her to & again to mention we are all doing the same job role & should be equal. I told her no as I had enough work to do. Later on I went to put my completed work back in the office & she started on me by asking me how far I had got with my work & because I had 3 papers that I had not inputted onto the system she made an issue of it saying she would have to do it meaning she would have to stay behind after her shift. They were 3 single papers that needed inputting, talk about DRAMA issues. That would not take her an hour to do. I replied if she is making it into an issue she should leave the work until Monday. Did I mention it was to input 3 papers??? :innocent::mad:

She has been spoken about her behaviour previously x3 times by other staff complaints that I know of. What's that saying; A Leopard never changes it's..... I am aware another staff member has refused to work with her. We are all meant to be equal in the team we work in yet she behaves borderline child/superior.

Is it me who is making an issue or do I have valid points.

Thanks for reading. Any feedback would be hugely appreciated. I like to think of myself as a strong person however I do not like the feeling of being targeted for no reason & it is slowly affecting my anxiety.

I am not sure to put down to jealousy as I have come into the job, get on with it. My behaviour or working methods has never been questioned. Not sure if she is threatened by it or has serious personality insecurity issues.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Welcome to the forum.

Can't give a answer right now but will try and look again in the morning

X

J

JemimaB

thank you. Think this post may need moving to work/anxiety forum but i am sure how to do that.