• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Not sure I will make it to my 23th birthday and I do not want to really

H

hellguy

Hey.
Hello.
I am a uni student studying biology, currently at home. I. actually apologise for sounding mechanical and strange as I am quite sick due to vaccine dose and my words dont come together too easily right now.
I am quite definitely not like most humans. In fact I feel barely human. I cant hold many memories and experiences in my head and I am quite a failure. I am 22, I never had romantic relationship, I dont have any skills or talents and I barely made it through uni (getting my first degree in biology). However I decided to take a gap year because mental health and during this gap year - well it was nice and important but I did not achieve anything, I stayed mostly home and I could not get a job or anything. My 23th birthday is coming up and I am terrified of it. I am terrified of living in this world, being alone while people suffer and i cant help, and I am terrified of being 23 while achieving nothing. It feels a lot like thats my time and i have no more of it. I...dont know if i want to live past 23. The thought of being that old terrifies me

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
:welcome:
Sometimes feeling unwell from something like a bad cold, headache or the side effects you are experiencing from the jab, can make everything seem very hopeless.

Life can be very hard and things don't always go to plan, but as someone in their 40s, i can say that it gets much better and easier as you get older. I can also reassure you that is goes very fast.

Are you having suicidal thoughts? I hope it is a background anxiety, but if you need help, we are here to support you. Life can be amazing, there are so many fun times ahead of you even if nothing goes to plan.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Many people with a mental illness would say reaching every birthday is a huge achievement in itself.

I am sure you will find what you are supposed to do in the world and make a contribution. Do you have any ideas at the moment?

H

hellguy

Many people with a mental illness would say reaching every birthday is a huge achievement in itself.

I am sure you will find what you are supposed to do in the world and make a contribution. Do you have any ideas at the moment?
i plan to get into lgbt activism and doing uh the uh. god english word doesnt come to my. help for free basically and i wanr to continue my education and get into science.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Hi, I am sorry that you are going through this. Welcome to the forum. I hope you will find support here.
💗

Oliver2019

Oliver2019

Hellguy, hang in there. You are so young and there is much out there waiting for you to do and see. At 23 you can't possibly be a failure. It may take some time, but you have lots to experience in life. Keep in touch . . . sending hugs 🤗

NoNameRequired

NoNameRequired

Yes, the anxiety of the birthday, it happens to me too. I hate my birthday, honestly I wish I could have stayed 19 forever but that's not how life works, time cannot be stopped. I am 24 and I know what it is to feel old and useless. I cannot help you but if it makes you feel better, you are not alone.