• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Not sure I can live another 20 or so years of this.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

I've lived with Schizophrenia for 20 years, not sure I can manage another 20 stuck in this poky little studio flat with nothing but the Xbox and internet for company. Spoke to my best friend who is lying about her drinking and she was drunk and made me feel worse. Fuck, once I'm vaccinated I'm off to live on the street and get a hard drug habit at least I'd have other street people to talk and having to score would give me some structure to my day.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Is there anything else you are interested in other than xbox?

Once covid is 'over', groups, classes, gyms, drop-ins, everything will be open again and life will have more structure. It is hard, four walls.

Can you decorate?

Bake a xmas cake?

Take up walking?

Being on the streets is a bad idea. Drugs bad idea.

protocol

protocol

I've lived with Schizophrenia for 20 years, not sure I can manage another 20 stuck in this poky little studio flat with nothing but the Xbox and internet for company. Spoke to my best friend who is lying about her drinking and she was drunk and made me feel worse. Fuck, once I'm vaccinated I'm off to live on the street and get a hard drug habit at least I'd have other street people to talk and having to score would give me some structure to my day.
all communications were the same?

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

@Tawny, thanks for caring enough to reply, appreciated. :). I've lived on the streets before and it was no picnic. I just did Zen buddhist meditation for a few minutes and I'm feeling calm and collected, I have to remember that when the mind is turned outward into its own projection there is suffering, if I turn it inwards into it's own true nature there is peace, calm and stillness. Funny one of the synonyms for mindfulness is "to remember", sometimes I forget. But once again thanks for caring enough to reply.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

I think I'll amuse myself setting up a Linux drive in one of my Xeon workstations and then install an an Android emulator on Linux to see if I can stream Xbox to it.:).

S

squizofrenia123

I've been on the streets myself while psychotic. I worked for a week as a stripper too while homeless. I do not recommend being on the streets. I went to the rescue mission for food and temporary shelter when it was available. I was told I was going to have to dumpster dive and beg for money eventually. I do remember talking to people who hopped trains and lived as vagabonds. One man ran away from his group home and hopped a train. He found a job as a cook at the mission. I think all that I met were on food stamps and the dole. However, some were looking for temporary work still. I think life on the streets is hard and no place to be. I sometimes wonder why I am ill too. But, I am working part-time and doing ok by myself. I sleep, work, and eat basically every day. It is better than being on the streets looking for food and a place to sleep. Nobody lives long on the streets. And, nobody cares for you while you are on the streets. Be wise and take your medication! Stay off the streets. You must have more to live for than what you have now. If you want to talk to people on the streets, volunteer at your local shelter. You don't have to be on the streets yourself to meet them. Best wishes! Happy Holidays!

O

On Fire

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've been homeless too while psychotic and slept at Heathrow airport for three nights, was registered homeless in London, then moved to No Second Night Out shelter in North London, for another three nights before being found somewhere in a B&B by my local authority.
Voices were deafening, the loudest I have ever heard, and I thought I was surrounded by actors and in closed, pretend public areas as an experiment in mind control.
It was a very difficult experience, and I never slept outside, even when at Heathrow airport I was lucky enough to sleep inside Terminal 3 on the arrival chairs.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

I spent the best part of three months living on the streets in London while psychotic 20 years ago. There was no No Second Night out then. I eventually ended up in a night shelter in the midlands and from there supported housing.