• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

not sleeping..

K

kmwt3

This last week I haven't had more than 4 hours sleep per night. Tonight about two hours. This is getting ridiculous. I am getting dark bags under my eyes but I feel fine. I get the couple hours feeling refreshed and awake then slowly start to crash but still cannot fall asleep very easy. I don't know what to do..

nonotme

nonotme

This last week I haven't had more than 4 hours sleep per night. Tonight about two hours. This is getting ridiculous. I am getting dark bags under my eyes but I feel fine. I get the couple hours feeling refreshed and awake then slowly start to crash but still cannot fall asleep very easy. I don't know what to do..
if you Google sleep hygiene you'll find some useful information which might work for you. i have had shocking sleep patterns for close on 20 years now. I use anything I can get my hands on just to knock me out.....

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I feel your pain, I too suffer light disturbed sleep. I practise good sleep hygiene bar animals in my bedroom and take mirt and this is no longer enough.
Do you have a bedtime routine?

K

kmwt3

I try to read or watch tv but cannot focus enough to catch what is going on. I was planning on quitting due to wanting to get pregnant but I guess that cannot happen now so I smoke a bit of pot to help relax me. I find I can finally lay still without the restlessness after I have a hoot. I don't know what else to try. I want to keep it natural ; I am on enough meds as is.

S

Suziblue

I have the same problem with sleep, no matter how tired I am usually don't get more than a couple of hours, I've given up trying so now I have Scotland's cleanest kitchen as I take myself off to clean a cupboard or something to avoid disturbing my husband! X

K

kaya9

I know people are anti-med...but eventually you have to do what works and won't build a tolerance to...like benedryl. I take trazodone when I need it..... which is often. I switch btw that and benedryl-the psych doctor says there is nothing wrong with doing that.

S

SandalwoodSummer

Have you read about ipsrt? Interpersonal and social rhythm therapy. It is about establishing a strict routine of eating, sleeping etc.

I have 14 sleeping tablets per month from my gp. I was told once to take two per week.

Insomnia just comes with bipolar and something we need to learn to live and cope with.

K

kaya9

Have you read about ipsrt? Interpersonal and social rhythm therapy. It is about establishing a strict routine of eating, sleeping etc.

I have 14 sleeping tablets per month from my gp. I was told once to take two per week.

Insomnia just comes with bipolar and something we need to learn to live and cope with.
Hey-Thanks for the reply...I've had it for a long time and still finding out new info about it all the time...I will look into that and thank you!