• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Not sleeping well again

R

Rider52

I get days where I feel a little better. Then everything starts up again. Today I didn't feel right and my anxiety flared up again. I got a couple hours of sleep and woke up. Tried sleep again and the voices wake me up. Once I'm awake it quits. This stresses me out.

N

natalie

Hi, Rider52,

Maybe the best policy joking, just don't go to sleep! May I ask, are you on any form of medication purely for hearing voices, at all?

Best regards.

R

Rider52

Hi, Rider52,

Maybe the best policy joking, just don't go to sleep! May I ask, are you on any form of medication purely for hearing voices, at all?

Best regards.
I just hear them falling asleep or when waking up. I've been to a psychatric center and explained everything. They won't do anything since it's just during sleep. It stresses me out though.

EdEd

EdEd

So it's like a dream sequence starting before you fall entirely asleep?

R

Rider52

Yeah something like that or hypnagogic hallucinations.
Just wish I knew the answer to what I'm going through. Some days I feel ok and others are a struggle.

B

Blackrose09

I have the same problem.
Sometimes they wake me up (not only voices but other halucinations/illusions as well) and I can't go back to sleep.
Sometimes they speak to me when I'm trying to sleep. This is due to loneliness maybe? And also because my sleep never comes naturally or easy. And my tormented mind can't rest.

Maybe in your case is related to anxiety. And insomnia creates a vicious circle for this, because I noticed in my case when my insomnia is worse they bother me more.

R

Rider52

I have the same problem.
Sometimes they wake me up (not only voices but other halucinations/illusions as well) and I can't go back to sleep.
Sometimes they speak to me when I'm trying to sleep. This is due to loneliness maybe? And also because my sleep never comes naturally or easy. And my tormented mind can't rest.

Maybe in your case is related to anxiety. And insomnia creates a vicious circle for this, because I noticed in my case when my insomnia is worse they bother me more.
Yeah, the more anxious I am the worse it gets. Once I'm fully awake don't hear anything.

B

Blackrose09

I would take a small amount of anti anxiety medication to see if it works.
Or maybe you have a well established treatment plan and you can't do this... If you are on any medication idk.

R

Rider52

Glad I was able to get a nap in this afternoon. That helps when I don't get enough sleep.

R

Rabbit777

Been pretty constantly tired throughout the day. Been going to sleep early and waking up early. If I could I would sleep all day

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hello513 Hearing Voices Forum 9
G Hearing Voices Forum 5