• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Not really sure what's happening

D

drew_71

Recently I feel like I'm going crazy, I just can't explain it. I have a running commentary in my head, telling me what I'm doing, and when I'm doing it wrong, but its my own voice, I just can't seem to stop it. I also keep getting very violent urges, right now I just want to pick my computer up and smash it over the sink in the room, just to see what it would look like after, but I don't really to because...it's my computer and I can't afford a new one. I settle for punching things, mainly the wall and the floor, but I really just want to smash everything I own, just to see what they would look like broken. I also get massive swings of mood, where I will be really really low, and then all of a sudden go crazy with energy and start cleaning my whole house, which I am normally too lazy to do! I had an appointment with an NHS psychiatrist today, and I thought that would be good, because I want to get better and not feel like this, but I found my self downplaying everything when I spoke to her, I suffer from depression and anxiety, and am on meds for that, so I kinda just tried to put everything down to that. But when I left the part of me, or not me, I'm not sure, that does the commentary was telling me that I did well, and that its good I didn't tell her everything. I feel like my own mind is my enemy and I don't know what to do :(

schiz01

schiz01

A psychologist would be a better person to talk to
I have been on a few anti depressants that have made me want to slam my head through a wall.
Talking and working through your problems/emotions is a much better way of dealing with these things then taking drugs ,prescription or otherwise.
Good luck with it mate and remember these things wont go away overnight and it may take some time.You just have to persist with it till you find whats right for you ....we are all different and what works for some may not work for others.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi there, i am sorry you are experiencing ditress i heard you have kind of underplayed everything to your mental health worker. ive found it very helpful to write a list of things that you want to tell them about and then take it with you, with anyone else dont tell them whats going on but try to tell your worker everything they are there to help you. goodluck diddy:)