• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Not really sure what to do

M

mrrd117711

I’m starting to deal with my past traumas but it’s causing a lot of issues. I also feel like there’s always new problems to take the place of old ones. I just feel like all the years I’ve spent struggling only make me angry. It seems like all the work I did only got me to the starting line. My body has so many issues like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, weight gain, and inflammation from head to toe.

I’ve been going through low potassium which is terrible. Idk if it’s from stress or the Covid vaccine. I’m not gonna get into all the drama of should or shouldn’t you. I was going to but I’ve had adverse effects. Its not really on the news how many people have low potassium from Covid. People can say don’t trust articles but not everything is clickbait. Just google low potassium and Covid. I don’t think that’s a eye catching headline just what they learned over time.

I was very hopeful once my PTSD was getting better things would be more enjoyable. I’m now probably just gonna have a new trauma because my health is failing me. I’m almost 37 and because of Seroquel I’m overweight and have high cholesterol. Pretty much every medication ive been on hasn’t worked. I go to therapy and did TMS. My blood pressure is high and I just feel drained. I grew up in a family who never got treatment. I thought maybe me being the first one would cause people to try it but nothing changed.

My group of friends this year has kinda gone down the drain. Some people treat me weird cause I have depression and haven’t really worked. I guess because I’m highly sensitive typical guy behavior isn’t enjoyable to me. I just want to treat people good but it seems most people aren’t comfortable with that. I’ve just had to learn to hold back on my kindness.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Hi mrrd and welcome to the forum. Are you getting any treatment for your depression other than medications?

Also you mentioned that your potassium is low. Did you have Covid or do you believe the covid vaccination may have caused your potassium to be low?

Maybe you should see your gp to help with supplements etc. I haven't been feeling well and am going to ask my gp to test my magnesium levels. I have had low potassium in the past, but it was normal when I tested earlier this year.

Hoping that you find a lot of support here on the forum. 💗

H

hairybanana

I’m starting to deal with my past traumas but it’s causing a lot of issues. I also feel like there’s always new problems to take the place of old ones. I just feel like all the years I’ve spent struggling only make me angry. It seems like all the work I did only got me to the starting line. My body has so many issues like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, weight gain, and inflammation from head to toe.

I’ve been going through low potassium which is terrible. Idk if it’s from stress or the Covid vaccine. I’m not gonna get into all the drama of should or shouldn’t you. I was going to but I’ve had adverse effects. Its not really on the news how many people have low potassium from Covid. People can say don’t trust articles but not everything is clickbait. Just google low potassium and Covid. I don’t think that’s a eye catching headline just what they learned over time.

I was very hopeful once my PTSD was getting better things would be more enjoyable. I’m now probably just gonna have a new trauma because my health is failing me. I’m almost 37 and because of Seroquel I’m overweight and have high cholesterol. Pretty much every medication ive been on hasn’t worked. I go to therapy and did TMS. My blood pressure is high and I just feel drained. I grew up in a family who never got treatment. I thought maybe me being the first one would cause people to try it but nothing changed.

My group of friends this year has kinda gone down the drain. Some people treat me weird cause I have depression and haven’t really worked. I guess because I’m highly sensitive typical guy behavior isn’t enjoyable to me. I just want to treat people good but it seems most people aren’t comfortable with that. I’ve just had to learn to hold back on my kindness.
Hey 👋 sorry to see you’ve been struggling. Bananas are good for potassium intake (not hairy bananas though) and avocados. I’m sure there’s more but can’t think of any right atm.
If people treat you weird because of depression, then those people aren’t your people. I’m sure you’ll find a lot of people here you can comfortably share with. All the best 👍

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Hey 👋 sorry to see you’ve been struggling. Bananas are good for potassium intake (not hairy bananas though) and avocados. I’m sure there’s more but can’t think of any right atm.
If people treat you weird because of depression, then those people aren’t your people. I’m sure you’ll find a lot of people here you can comfortably share with. All the best 👍
sweet potatoes, potatoes and yams are also good for potassium intake.

Bod

Bod

Hi I just want to say the above comments on the foods will be very helpful to and for you, I am also very sorry that you are struggling with high blood pressure and high cholesterol as I have to take medication every morning for mine to keep them on a level, then with suffering from PTSD is just horrible for many of us as I was diagnosed with CPTSD a while back as I always thought I suffered from something along with my depression and other mental health issues. With some people who we tell that we have mental health issues walk away from us is because they do not understand it at all sadly as I have lost all my friends because I told them I suffered from my mental health issues.

K

Kentsmi95

Contrary to belief supplements do help people who have deficiencies of certain chemicals in the body you have to know which ones actually work for you though for me because I have issues with seratonin and dopamine I occasionally use supplements like 5 htp the precursor to seratonin and mucana pruriienns a plant high in levels of the amino acid L dopamine and melatonin helps as well but always consult with your primary care physician before doing supplements your not sure about especially if you have physical health issues like high blood pressure or diabetes you can buy 5 htp and melatonin at stores mucana prurient is a bit harder to get ahold of hopefully this helps

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Contrary to belief supplements do help people who have deficiencies of certain chemicals in the body you have to know which ones actually work for you though for me because I have issues with seratonin and dopamine I occasionally use supplements like 5 htp the precursor to seratonin and mucana pruriienns a plant high in levels of the amino acid L dopamine and melatonin helps as well but always consult with your primary care physician before doing supplements your not sure about especially if you have physical health issues like high blood pressure or diabetes you can buy 5 htp and melatonin at stores mucana prurient is a bit harder to get ahold of hopefully this helps
Hi, I have started taking a vitamin with melatonin to help me sleep. Trying to understand your post. What else does melatonin do, or were you referring to sleep?
Thank you