• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Not Proud Of My Heritage

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

I hope my thread won't be sensitive or controversial. But I need to vent. Besides the fact I fear of going to hell, I have this on my mind. I felt this way for years but now things are getting worse in 2020 now thanks to the media, government, and bullies. I'm feeling more ashamed and less proud of my heritage (Italian). It literally hurts me when people call them racists, mafias, bringing up what Columbus did, what Mussolini did, the Italian invasion of Somalia, Libya, and Eritrea, what the Roman Empire did, and that the Romans crucified Jesus. I'm starting to wish that I was a different nationality. Now I'm afraid to tell people what my background is bc I fear they will judge me. Does anyone here feel the same way? Or had felt the same way? Again I don't mean to have this topic come as offensive. If so, I will ask the MOD to remove it

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
You should be proud to be Italian.

Every country, culture, religion, has done things wrong, i am sure. History is full of mistakes. I believe in Jesus, but i have absolutely nothing against the Jewish. Not a thing. Not one little thing.

The past is the past

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

You should be proud to be Italian.

Every country, culture, religion, has done things wrong, i am sure. History is full of mistakes. I believe in Jesus, but i have absolutely nothing against the Jewish. Not a thing. Not one little thing.

The past is the past
Yes but guess who gets most of the blame? It's Europeans. And now people can't let go of the past in 2020

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

Sorry i honestly thought it was in
My mind. I remember this conversation. Your the lovely italian that juzt needs to have a bit more self love. Xxx
Now you made me smile. Thank you =)

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

Garlic and tomatoes are Italians' top foods lol

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Yes but guess who gets most of the blame? It's Europeans. And now people can't let go of the past in 2020
That's their problem. Europe do so much good in the world for the world, for the developing countries. I don't know details, i just know we contribute heavily to helping those who are not able to help themselves.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

That's their problem. Europe do so much good in the world for the world, for the developing countries. I don't know details, i just know we contribute heavily to helping those who are not able to help themselves.
Id disagree there. Us Europeans have never helped counties blossom. Use and discard is the European way

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

Yep thats why you folk are the masters of cuisine. Food, style, cars. What else do you want 😂 you have to share now remember
What's Scotland's cuisine? I know Haggis is one

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

Id disagree there. Us Europeans have never helped counties blossom. Use and discard is the European way
I guess your like me sort of when it comes to feelings. But I cold be wrong

calypso

calypso

Admin
Don't hate being Italian, its a fantastic culture! If you want to look at a country which did untold harm to the world look at the British Empire! But then there are countless good things about Britain too, as there are about Italy. Looking at just the negatives would have every country in the world reeling - no-one is innocent of doing no harm. We just don't study non European history much that's all.