• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Not Proud Of My Heritage

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

Sure. but other peoples have done the same acts. I believe it was the Mongols that spread the Black Plague to Europe by catapulting diseased animals and corpses into cities.

Also - Europe didn't invent slavery, slavery was created around the world on it's own. Like, Native Americans kept slaves before Europe reached North America.

The Aborigines in Australia caused many species to go extinct. The ancestors of the Native Americans wiped out many species.
So true but who gets more blamed? (I think you know)

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

Before you bash Christopher Columbus read REAL history which entitles you to read up and look at different countries interpretations. Go look at truths instead of lies. Columbus was not a general or a soldier, he was an explorer. A lot of misinformation, bad media, bad teachers with political agendas (on both sides), and a culture constantly looking to point fingers

Give me any culture and i can find bad. Give me any religion and i can find bad, its human nature.

TODAYS WORLD IS OBSESSED AT LOOKING FOR ALL THE NEGATIVES WHEN WE SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR THE GOOD PEOPLE AND RAISING THEM TO WHAT THE STANDARD SHOULD BE.
Well he killed off the natives and brought slaves to america so that makes me very ashamed

I know there's goods and bad in every culture and religion but europeans get the most blamed and hated. I'm sure you agree with me 100%

Right but thanks to the media, internet, and extremists, you won't see or hear and positively

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

And Britain was colonized by Rome, like much of Europe.

You realize European nations were colonized by non-Europeans, right? And that non-Europeans had there own colonial periods, right?

Exploiting other ethnic groups for space and resources isn't only a European sin.
I never knew the Romans colonized Britain. i thought it was southern europe, west asia, and north africa

The only European countries I know that were colonized by non Europeans was Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Malta, Albania, and I think Cyprus. But not to sound ignorant but they didn't commit as much killing, genocide, raping, and slavery like europeans. So......

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

And that's what I feel guilty and ashamed of
You shouldnt feel bad for the sins of the past no matter what culture your from. Its the 21st century now. Most people
I never knew the Romans colonized Britain. i thought it was southern europe, west asia, and north africa

The only European countries I know that were colonized by non Europeans was Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Malta, Albania, and I think Cyprus. But not to sound ignorant but they didn't commit as much killing, genocide, raping, and slavery like europeans. So......
Yea they colonized england, never scotland or ireland though. They built a wall to keep us away 😂

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

You shouldnt feel bad for the sins of the past no matter what culture your from. Its the 21st century now. Most people

Yea they colonized england, never scotland or ireland though. They built a wall to keep us away 😂
Majority of people in this world cannot let go of past history

On behalf of Italy, I'm so sorry what we done to your country =(

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I suggest you do some research
Research on what? The modern american state is a product of immigration. White and Hispanic people
Majority of people in this world cannot let go of past history

On behalf of Italy, I'm so sorry what we done to your country =(
Haha your empire tried and failed to conquer us. Thats why the romans built hadrians wall. Dont apologise for for cutlture. You were not there. You didnt take part. Live and let live

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

Research on what? The modern american state is a product of immigration. White and Hispanic people

Haha your empire tried and failed to conquer us. Thats why the romans built hadrians wall. Dont apologise for for cutlture. You were not there. You didnt take part. Live and let live
Nevermind

Well i'm still sorry

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

And be proud of your culture too!. Some of the great architectural achievements where Italian. Same goes for the best painters and sculptors. And dont get me startes on the food!!.better than the french! Hehe

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

And be proud of your culture too!. Some of the great architectural achievements where Italian. Same goes for the best painters and sculptors. And dont get me startes on the food!!.better than the french! Hehe
Oh and cars 😂 could go on all day. Be proud of your heritage dont be sorry for it. No matter where we all come from we all think its the best country, or the the best town etc xx

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

I never tried French food actually. Except french fries

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

France and italy are the food capitals of the world!
Youll find loads of people claim italian heritage, even if they have no right too. Juzt because its such a great place with amazing people. We get the same with people trying to claim irish or scottish heritage, though we have no flair like you lot 😝

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

Youll find loads of people claim italian heritage, even if they have no right too. Juzt because its such a great place with amazing people. We get the same with people trying to claim irish or scottish heritage, though we have no flair like you lot 😝
I love Ireland and Scotland. 1 of my dream countries to visit

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JessisMe Depression Forum 4