• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Not one genuine friendship in my life. This is the state of the world.

F

Fifi91

I think that everyone is alone but noone wants to admit it. I cannot think of one friendship I have/have had that is based on trust, love, understanding and honesty. Most people want something from you, or will be your friend when it is convenient for them.

I've felt suicidal this past week and not one person has been there for me, aside from the friends I rarely see due to distance (and as a result, our friendships only exist through some form of technology). My 'friend' told me I'm being dramatic. The other just plain ignored me (after I drove him around yesterday as a favour).

All I wanted was for a reason to continue on.

Are there people that care, not from the other side of a mobile or computer, but who genuinely care? I have had so may people walk in my life then walk out once they've obtained what they want from me. (usually money)

How did we become a society driven by power and profit? It has always been the way of the world. There are only a rare few who attempt to challenge injustice. Humans are the only species who are inhumane. It really is, the sad fact of life.

I just want to know that there are good people. But I won't believe it until someone can prove it to me. Not one person in my life has thus far.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

There are good people, but most people are under financial pressure. It creates all sorts of strange personalities.

Personally, I think I must be boring or uptight or unattractive which is why I lack friends.

M

Mastiff mom

Dear Fifi91, sounds like you've had a long and lonely road. I have often felt like you. So, I withdrew and didn't trust anyone. I still struggle with this but things have gotten better. The people here are very kind and compassionate and have helped me a lot. I hope you will give the forum a chance, give us a chance to know you!

V

Verity

Hi Fifi,

I'm so sorry that you are feeling so much pain and not receiving the support that you need from your friends:hug:

I have let go of a lot of one way / negative relationships lately. I'm making space for good people. They do exist and I'm sure that you will find friendship that is genuine & mutually supportive.

Do your friends realise how much pain you are in? Sometimes people don't understand or don't know what to do to help?

I hope that you feel a little better knowing that you have genuine support here from people who understand.

Take care and be kind to yourself :hug5: xxx

Spit_it_out

Spit_it_out

I know exactly how you feel Fifi, I have always known that I don't have any true friends but I have always thought, I don't care, I don't need others. I have my family, my dog and my partner. It wasn't until recently that I've noticed how much of an impact this has (I don't know if you read my other post) but my partner has been quite abusive recently and I went to leave him. I was in the car, my stuff packed and I started driving and realised how alone I was as I realised there was nobody I could go to. Nobody I could call that wouldn't judge and tell me how stupid I was for staying with him etc etc (including my family), yet I am always there for them when they need me.

This forum has helped a lot for venting and hearing of many people in similar situations. There is a comfort in knowing you are not alone with how you are feeling and I do believe there must be good people in the world. Hope you feel better soon.
Gael x

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

I am 42 and I don't have any friends and i've never had them. I don't really understand the concept of friendship it would seem. I find myself alone and lonely.

I agree that people are just so competitive and money obsessed, it's very depressing. BUT we are all friends here and I love you all :hug5:

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I used to have friends. I can be quite funny so it makes it easier to make friends. I have known some cool people and had some really good laughs. But they are all gone now and I don't trust anyone enough to make any friends again. I am quite a sociable creature so I don't survive well without that interaction.

Sorry for all the other people who are also alone x

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

i have one RL friend that i met at school all my other friends are online i see them as real friends even though its only online i dont think you need to meet people to be real friends with them xx

monopod

monopod

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think it does get harder to make/keep friends as you get older. I think people whe have had friends since childhood are really lucky. Don't give up though. You probably just need to meet the right people.

I used to have friends.
Yeah, what are failry Lu and me? Chopped liver? :curseyou:

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yeah, what are failry Lu and me? Chopped liver? :curseyou:
Fair point. We have argued, sat up all night talking and even watch comedy shows and a film together lol I will put you in my friends pile then :)

I do think on-line friends is different though, don't you? I enjoy and am glad of the company and I am not complaining, but it does feel different xxx

V

volnash

Remember that making friends does take a bit of energy on your part aswell, you have to call them and nurture them and their feelings, if it's always one sided the friends will abandon you or keep in touch less, this is just natural and making new friends is not so hard as one should expect, but remember that having alot of friends doesnt not mean that you are rich, having a few that are good and genuine in my opinion makes you alot richer than even bill gates, id suggest you try to reach out to people in some sort of environment, this can be in the gym, at group sessions if you have those, or simply by engaging in healthy activities for yourself, this can be your hobbies or things that you are good at, in general ive found that doing things for yourself and your mental well being does attract people to you, and this in turn makes it easier to make friends, so focus rather on doing something for yourself, that you can get good at, and when you achieve relative happiness and mastering of those things, people will automatically be interested and engaged in you and what you are doing, this will draw people to you, you can make friends online or out in the real world, friends can be acquired anywhere but it does take personal effort and remember that you have to nurture them.

Spit_it_out

Spit_it_out

I think hobbies help to make friends... I've always wanted to try kick boxing, but the problem is I have nobody to go with and I get anxiety attacks when I have to go to busy places by myself. What hobbies does everyone have? Just outa interest :)