• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Not looking forward to the new year

L

Lostinhell

It’s just gonna be another year closer to death and also another year of suffering I hate even thinking of the new year it makes me anxious and anticipatory anxiety makes it worse everyone is going out to celebrate while I’m just staying home the new year is just more torture for me and it gets better for others so fuck the New Years

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
The last time I went out drinking for the new year was 1999, haven't touched a drop since then and have stayed in for every new year after that.

My anxiety didn't help much either, never did like fully packed clubs and pubs, waiting ages to get served and standing room only, didn't see the point of it all.

And I've got my 40th birthday to look forward to in two months time, I hated turning 30 so not sure how I'll feel about 40.

For what it's worth I hope 2020 is a good year for you.

L

Lostinhell

I only drink lightly and it’s mostly to loosen myself up since I’m always tense and I can’t imagine going to clubs just thinking of it is scary I’ll just be a awkward wreck hope you have a great birthday and new year

fazza

fazza

The last time I went out drinking for the new year was 1999, haven't touched a drop since then and have stayed in for every new year after that.

My anxiety didn't help much either, never did like fully packed clubs and pubs, waiting ages to get served and standing room only, didn't see the point of it all.

And I've got my 40th birthday to look forward to in two months time, I hated turning 30 so not sure how I'll feel about 40.

For what it's worth I hope 2020 is a good year for you.
Ah 40 is the new 20. Don't worry about it. By the time we are 70 the new 70's will be the 30's
Rock on nwiddi.
Happy new year to you. Enjoy the future. We have so much experience and that's what counts.
Age is nothing maturity and life experience is what counts.
We will live forever.
Just a different cosmic address as someone very profound once said.

O have dissed your posts and opinions in the past but from as of now. I can see your point of view and although I disagree with alit of your views I can see that you are one of the good guys here.

Happy new year to you.
I hope 2020 is a good one for you.

Zig Zag

Zig Zag

Hi fazza Congradulations a post without a single moan keep posting.😎

fazza

fazza

Hi fazza Congradulations a post without a single moan keep posting.😎
Well its a start of a new year.
I'm trying a new approach.
Not promising anything but I will give it a go.

ValBry

ValBry

It’s just gonna be another year closer to death and also another year of suffering I hate even thinking of the new year it makes me anxious and anticipatory anxiety makes it worse everyone is going out to celebrate while I’m just staying home the new year is just more torture for me and it gets better for others so fuck the New Years
I don't think i've ever done anything that involves going out to a big party on new year's eve and i will be 30 this year. Also, i am hoping this doesn't get flagged or something, but it's not necessarily one year closer to death as you can die at any moment. Maybe you collapse as you read this, that would be awkward.
I am sure most of us wish they could be like other people and actually have fun. Not sure about your age, but be careful about using alcohol to loosen up...
Try and see if there's anything you can do that will help you not to focus on the torture and suffering. Positive things, that is. If you believe every day will be full of torture and suffering it probably will be.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sleepyfantasty Social Anxiety Forum 8
C Social Anxiety Forum 4