• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Not liking medication

K

Kaotix

I am currently taking a total of 4 medications all to very little effect. Depakote Risperdal Clonidine and Sertraline. I feel like the Doctors have done a horrible job with me thus far and need to know what are some other ways I could take to talking to my doctor since I have very little experience with actual doctors and most have been nurse practitioners who I’ve had it up to here with. None of these pills make me happy or feel better like they did at first when I started seeing a psychiatrist. The only pill to seems to have a little effect is the Clonidine but that is antihypertensive and that’s just not what I need. Plus I can’t sleep unless I try with all my might.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
all drugs, whether legal or illegal are chemicals foreign to the body. your liver and kidneys will try there hardest to remove them, and they will get better at doing so over time. also your body will adapt in other ways to having those chemicals inside of it. to minimize their effects and regain its natural state. this is how its programmed to be. it doesnt want any foreign substance coming in or changing its programming(which has been proven to work from a million years of evolution).

because the body adapts to drugs this makes them addictive. its hard to stop taking them, and we always need more.

all drugs will also have side effects. this is because they go everywhere in the body and not just to the spot we want them to go to. often side effects are confused with the illness and seen as a reason to take more of the drugs. some side effects are visible other ones are not. some are short term others could be long term.

all drugs will also have withdrawal effects. because the body adapts to them and then must adapt back to not having them. often withdrawal effects are confused as the illness and seen as a reason to keep taking the drugs.

drugs also cost you money and time.

so after understanding all these disadvantages there better be a darn good reason to keep taking them. drugs will weaken you in alot of different ways. which is the last thing you need when you are already weakened. so make sure the drugs offer some real advantages.

you can consult your doctor about tapering off of certain drugs and tapering onto others.

drugs should be a last resort. after exhausting all natural possibilities. i think drugs should not be giving out so easily. unless the person was already following many good natural ways of increasing health.