• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Not having anyone to talk

M

ManDss

I pass the days just by myself, I get used to this, but not saying I like it, at all. Now just woke up (4:40am), went down the stairs and... just stay there talking with myself, waiting, watching TV, its just silence.
Any other here deals with the same ?

Dayzee7

Dayzee7

often... i am always told to get out and socialize and enjoy my surroundings... hard to do when your fighting a daily war mentally.

R

Resolution

I pass the days just by myself, I get used to this, but not saying I like it, at all. Now just woke up (4:40am), went down the stairs and... just stay there talking with myself, waiting, watching TV, its just silence.

toutatis

toutatis

I'm the same. I have bad social anxiety which over the years has seen me become more and more isolated. It's a difficult lonely journey but I've grown to appreciate the peace and quiet. There's a lot I don't appreciate about living this way, as well.

Hillman hunter

Hillman hunter

ACCOUNT CLOSED
im alone a lot, my cbt therapist said im frightened of people.

people can be so hurtful. I tend to talk to myself and my cats

S

Shay94

Just spend most of my time with my partner and couple of friends we do have. I'm always getting told to go out n make new friends etc but fighting a mental battle with myself everyday is a struggle & I honestly cbf dealing with people n their dramas so I don't bother which causes a massive debate bout my life in my family 😒

S

snooker 4

am very lonely get drink and fags for company what a life

J

JCPraha

I am often very lonely. It is a terrible feeling. I don't know what to do about it sometimes. It makes me extremely anxious. So your condition is not so unusual. You have a lot of company.

S

sallimae76

Same here. No friends. Go out to eat by myself daily. Just work and watch TV. I am 44 years old and I have never been in a relationship.

Martian

Martian

I'm the same. Any friends I have picked in past fifteen years are impossible to deal with. I have a cat and dog and I live for them. Beacon and Q. The world has become a scary place. Meeting people during a pandemic isn't safe now anyway. I watch documentaries and play ukulele. I'm am introvert so the pandemic hasn't changed much for me. Maybe some day I'll find someone who "gets me" again. My partner died of cancer at age fifty. We were a great team. Just got a new therapist and psychiatrist and I'm much better overall than I was even a couple of months ago.

M

ManDss

Maybe we can use this post for any who deals with the same.
Ive always have in mind the idea too meet other people who also deals with loneliness.

J

JCPraha

Martian, that is so terrible for you that your partner passed away. That must be so hard to deal with. People use me as well. Take advantage of me because of my mental weakness. They can sense I am depressed. Not everyone is bad, but unfortunately most are. Looking for someone to take advantage of. Life is not so easy. I really don't like being alone all the time. I wish I could handle it better. The world is full of people looking to take advantage of someone who is an easy target. What better target than a depressed person who is alone?