Not happy in my new job. Struggling to cope :(

L

Lost and Wandering

Hey all,

I don't suffer too frequently from anxiety, unless they are associated with my Intrusive Thoughts, but at the moment I am struggling.

It's been a tough year. My partner has been very unwell, although she's slowly recovering now. I have managed to cope well, with help from family, friends and wonderful colleagues.

I decided to go for promotion, because my partner and I want to move properties, and I needed more income. I wanted to leave my organisation but decided to stay for stability. Especially because I wanted to provide the best quality of life for us that I could. Especially for her mental health.

Although I haven't been there long it doesn't seem a good fit. It's far too corporate, and after this short stint, I can hardly see myself staying there too long. I liked the previous job and my team, but the income wasn't enough.

Whilst all new jobs are stressful, I usually feel more optimistic as time goes on, but this is the opposite. I have never experienced anything like this.

I wake up at 5am for a 9pm job, too nervous to sleep. I finish work at 5pm nervous for the next day. I finish on Friday and am nervous all weekend for Monday. I am anxious all of the time. I think maybe I should have changed careers like I initially wanted, but then I get anxious about the uncertainty. I then see my partner who supports me, but I have to support her through her struggles.

I am so lost at the moment. I am anxious about everything associated with jobs, I can't even drive near my place of work now.

Not sure how to calm my nerves.

Any tips or advice?

burt tomato

burt tomato

Hey

I started a new job in October and found it really hard from day one. I look forward to the end of the day but feel stressed at home thinking of work. I also feel stressed during the weekends in anticipation of Monday.

It has come to the point now, where I have had enough, so I am handing in my notice. i did not try to resolve this situation as I was too scared, and feel it would not do any use.

So I am just going to walk away from it. It is not up to me to deal with their mess.

Kerome

Kerome

It sounds like both of you are having a hard time, I really sympathise. Work is a difficult topic for me as well, it can be tough to combine a mental health problem with the stresses of a full time job.

Many hugs to you both.

L

Lost and Wandering

Hey. Thanks for your reply. This is exactly how I feel, but it's so early I'm not sure what to do.

I don't blame you though

L

Lost and Wandering

We are. I'm proud of the progress she's making. I just don't think I was emotionally ready for this decision in my life

burt tomato

burt tomato

Strangely enough, I think my line manager is also far too corporate, and I work for a hospital.

He tries to make me harass my colleagues to get the work done. It makes me feel uncomfortable.

The other offices in our building are a lot more relaxed. They all have Xmas decorations up, surprise surprise our office has none.

I am sick of it now.

I just have two more weeks and then I will hand my notice in, and just walk away.

L

Lost and Wandering

Really? That sounds awful! I just feel different, usually I am somewhat optimistic after my initial week, but I am not here.

Second week in. Just not sure how long I should give it.