• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Not good

G

Georgina

I just jumped in a big way in my sleep for the 2nd time tonight it feels as if I’m going to die I thought it was a hypnotic jerk I’ve been on medication for years over voices and anxiety it all started 13 years ago after a drug addiction for a year and a half I was given the drugs through out the addiction by a parent and it stopped when my daughter was born when sound of the towns people in my hometown come on through my body there telling me that my body is dying due to this. They say there army police and the public and family I have 3 kids and don’t want to leave them I’m from Barry in Wales I hope this may get some truth out cause I am frightened I phoned a helpline over drugs and she said she didn’t think it would be my body during but I’m being told different through my body.

P

Professionalhypochondriac

Hello, I can’t vouch for the voices as I have no experience with this I’m afraid...
What I can reassure you with is that during rapid eye movement sleep or when you are partially awake it is very common for people to experience myoclonic jerks which is what you are describing as involuntary muscle movements... they are very common and benign and I’m sure you will have seen them when your little ones have been sleeping.

G

Georgina

Hello, I can’t vouch for the voices as I have no experience with this I’m afraid...
What I can reassure you with is that during rapid eye movement sleep or when you are partially awake it is very common for people to experience myoclonic jerks which is what you are describing as involuntary muscle movements... they are very common and benign and I’m sure you will have seen them when your little ones have been sleeping.
I really hope your right but they keep telling my bodys dieing i did phone a helpline and they assured me i was wrong so fingers crossed

P

Professionalhypochondriac

I really hope your right but they keep telling my bodys dieing i did phone a helpline and they assured me i was wrong so fingers crossed
Glad that you are finding some reassurance...
Keep up the good fight 🤗