• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Not Going Ahead with PIP Appeal

bulbie

bulbie

My appeal is later this month. I've decided I'm not going. I just can't cope with it right now. I've used Benefits and Work to get me this far, and they are great, but they (the DWP) are clearly not going to give it to me this time round.

I'm going to give it the mandatory waiting time and try again. I'm going to try and get my autism diagnosis sorted in that time. I'm waiting on the psych appointment... :sorry:

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I wish they didn't make it so difficult for people to claim these things.
I'll spare you my ranting, but i'm so angry at the way things are in the system.

Whilst it's a pity you don't want to face the appeal, I can understand how you might feel like it's pointless.
Perhaps getting an autism diagnosis may help next time you try to claim.

How long is the mandatory waiting time? I hope that you aren't in any financial struggles without the PIP.. not being nosey, just hoping that you'll be ok.

bulbie

bulbie

Money is ridiculously tight. I abhor doing even the food shop because the end total is something I just can't face. Heating rarely goes on, even in these cold temperatures. I've no idea what the waiting time is now, but I think it's around six months? I still haven't got a bank account due to trouble with the DWP the last time round.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i can boast they've closed my case all the way to the dole office

bulbie

bulbie

My case is as good as closed. They haven't listened to a word I've said, contacted my doctor, paid attention to any of the evidence, nothing. Standard DWP fayre.

A

Andyandy

I hope you are successful in your new claim, I had my appeal this week I couldn't face going, after 87 weeks of fighting the DWP I just gave up was to anxious and it was making me worse. I was going to leave it and apply in the future but out of nowhere I got a call from DWP 2 days after my appeal (which I didn't attend) saying that the tribunal went it my favour, I won! They wouldn't tell me over the phone what I'm entitled I to but they say it will be paid within 10 days, don't give up fighting if I won even though I didn't attend and my representative from the CAB and myself both thought we'd lose it as there 1st and 2nd decision were both 0 points. Good luck! Don't give up