• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Not feeling well physically, mentally or emotionally.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Feeling distant from everything in a very unsettling way, like I am away, watching life. My hands and feet don't even feel like they are a part of me and I feel like I am going to choke. Not feeling well.

G

Ghibli

ACCOUNT CLOSED
What happened? I get this feeling sometimes, especially when I'm outside. It feels like I'm not in the real world. What helps me is going back home, drinking some tea, and talking to my mom because she helps me a lot. Try to take care of yourself during moments like this. I hope you feel better soon.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

It feels like the left side of my throat is tightening.

Empish

Empish

When we spend too much time in our heads, constantly thinking we can lose touch with our bodies. You have probably heard the word 'Grounded' if you have ever looked into meditation, yoga or tia chi. This basically means being anchored in your body and stilling your mind.

A simple exercise which might help is to just sit in a comfortable chair and become aware of your body and what it feels like (especially the lower part of your body). So your awareness is in your body and not your head. Also just watching your breath will take your awareness away from your thoughts and into the body. It will also bring your attention into the now/the moment because the breath is happening now. The more you practice these kinds of exercises the more easier and effective they become.

Talking about how you are feeling on here is also helpful too.

Empish

Empish

I used to have almost constant tension in my throat when I suffered from social anxiety disorder.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

I woke up my husband because I started to feel panicked. He sat with me for awhile and I had a cup of hot tea. Now he has gone back to bed. I also took a couple of famotidine tablets and did deep breathing. Sitting up listening to music and trying to stay calm.

Thank you.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

This morning I felt an awful strangeness as my right hand seemed so foreign that I couldn't even look at it. The extreme of this passed and the day went on. Tonight everything started to feel wrong. I try to stay out of my thoughts, but it is my feelings that I have trouble managing. Changes throughout the day. I feel gone sometimes. Super tired. Starting to feel calmer right now. I can hide calmly in this moment. Scared of too much. Having very unhealthy thoughts that I push away but can't take away.

G

Ghibli

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It would be good to tell your doctor about this feeling. It sounds similar to how I feel when I have an anxiety or panic attack. I really hope you feel better. :hug:

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

I am having really awful thoughts of SH- things that I know I won't do, but the thoughts are unsettling. They feel urgent and getting through them sometimes feels like I go into a panic. Feel limited control and not well.

fragrant_violet

fragrant_violet

I am having really awful thoughts of SH- things that I know I won't do, but the thoughts are unsettling. They feel urgent and getting through them sometimes feels like I go into a panic. Feel limited control and not well.
Easy for me to say, but don't fight this feeling. You dont need to be in control

Try and relax your body as much as you can and dont be afraid to let these feelings overwhelm you

Yoga is fine if you can do it but just lying on your back doing slow yoga breathing is probably as good as anything else.

When we try fighting these oncoming feelings we cannot possibly win

G

Ghibli

ACCOUNT CLOSED
When I had these feelings, I would listen to classical music. Anything that sounds happy. I know it doesn't solve everything, but when I listen to that kind of music it kind of calms me down. Maybe that will work for you. I also watch videos that make me feel better. Especially videos about animals. Kittens, puppies, and rabbits. Spending time with pets also helps a lot. When I feel very depressed, I give my cat a hug.

It feels like these feelings won't go away, but it will. Please don't hurt yourself. :hug: