• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Not doing well

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Hope you feel better very soon, it's okay not to be okay.
Tell us, we care. We all have good and bad days.
We would love to offer you support as well.
Do you have much support?
Hugs

Mario82

Mario82

Thank you for sharing the link :) To be honest I used to spend hours looking in the mirror, trying to find the right clothes, getting my hair just right etc. What changed for me was moving my focus on me in the mirror to focussing on others'. I guess I became comfortable in my appearance after a while, in that those little tweaks didn't make any difference to how others' saw me. Focussing on others' was a lot better than focussing on me too.
For me it's important to be comfortable in our own skin, especially so if we have Personality Disorders or other Mental Health conditions. My opinion is we are the product of our values (the ones we lead our life by). Those values aren't set in stone, we can influence and/or change them if we're not happy with them, which also means we can change the type of person we are too if we so please. Once we know who we are, and we are at peace with our downfalls (if we're not we can work on them to make them better), things become so much easier. We are at peace with ourselves, which means we can stop focussing inwards and actually start to proceed possibly at pace along our life path (focussing outwards). It also means we become thicker skinned, and not so sensitive to others' comments etc.). If you need extra help finding out who you are etc. and you are fortunate enough to have a other half, try asking that person how they see you. No doubt you will be pleasantly surprised. :) Love, Peace and Respect to you. :)
Thanks man, that means a lot to me :hug:

OCDguy

OCDguy

No doubt you could tell me a lot more about how you are feeling etc. Personally though the less our thoughts are facing inwards the better even for people who aren't suffering with Mental Health conditions. All the time our thoughts are inwards, there is a World potentially passing us by... Love, Peace and Respect :)

I

indigo6

Thank you Mayflower, I dont really no.
I have things I do and places to go, that helps alot but
still its been gathering pace despite that.
I will just keep checking in here :hug:

M

Marianda

If it were me I would concentrate on my physical health, and make sure I am eating at regular times and getting enough sleep. I'd only worry excessively about the family issues if I am a parent, and do what I can to find work... Hope this helps :)
Im focusing in my health right now. Without health I cant do anything. Family issues are lawsuits related to an inheritance. Im not a parent thanks god. Thanks for your comments also.

AnxiousE

AnxiousE

Oh I started to read this earlier...maybe I was logged off at that point though. Anyway, sorry to hear you're having a rough time right now! Hope it gets better soon. :hug:

I

indigo6

An update so you can all maybe relate. There may be something that you identify with here:
This morning as a human being I feel a little more worthy. I feel less like shrinking back away from people. I feel calmer. However I am having food issue. I am having thoughts that I shouldnt eat and not sure what food is(sounds mad but depression in me makes me look at food as though its made of strange stuff) So Im not saying Im depressed depressed but its definitely coming up behind me, there are certain markers for it. Thats one of them in my experience.
Today Im going for a short nice walk to local stores to find a new container for more plants, it will be a good distraction, I will go to local garden centre too, I know when I see the plants I will lift a bit. Then pot them up.
Hope you guys struggling are feeling a little better x

I

indigo6

I felt a bit better last night. I had though had a day of activity and productivity.
I didnt have any tears yesterday.
Feel ok ish today.
Im definitely in the ocd zone though.
Just grateful that Im ok for this moment.

Mario82

Mario82

I felt a bit better last night. I had though had a day of activity and productivity.
I didnt have any tears yesterday.
Feel ok ish today.
Im definitely in the ocd zone though.
Just grateful that Im ok for this moment.
Glad you are feeling some relief indigo x

I

indigo6

Thanks everyone. Im doing ok. I am noticing my temper is short(but no Im not being aggressive) this is another sign.
Will see how I go, when Im distracted a bit thins arent as noticeable. Things are later.

I

indigo6

Thanks. Im not great but nowhere as sobby as the other day.
Im noticing an up and down others can see too.
Will post an update. Thanks all.

M

Mert

Ive been having more and more sadness. Bad thoughts. Im off loading.I try to stay ok on here, well aware that I seem to dole out advice on how to be ok and not wanting to let others see the yo yo effect as its not going to help but I I just want to say it.
Having some bad days. More often. Tears.
Not saying its forever.
Im just so sad and feel myself detaching. Withdrawing.
Indigo :nod2:

I

indigo6

Where its up to since last time.
The sadness has gone off slightly.
Anxious at times.
Some catastrophic thinking.
More sensitive to sounds etc
Paranoid very.
Tired.
Cant focus or concentrate well.
Oversleeping.
eating better.
Strange dreams.
Dont want to be around people much.
Extreme compassion/sympathy
Thinking about existence and meaning more often.