• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Not doing well

I

indigo6

Yeah you're right, it's sick and twisted and there's no justice in this world. I just can't make head nor tail of it. I thought, am I really THAT mentally ill? Since it seems impossible to be at peace in this world if you have any sort of sensitivity or thinking.
Said brilliantly Mario. I wouldnt want to be any other way but the price is so high for it y'know?

Mario82

Mario82

Said brilliantly Mario. I wouldnt want to be any other way but the price is so high for it y'know?
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.

I hate to say it but the times I felt happiest and most relieved were the occasional times I blocked out everything that is happening in the world and faked confidence/arrogance to not give a toss about what people think.

It sucks that we have to behave like arseholes to be happy in life. The world seems to reward badness:low:

M

Marianda

@Everybody: To be able to function in this world you need a heart of stone and no feelings at all. Sociopaths and liars seem to do very good in this realm.

I

indigo6

@Everybody: To be able to function in this world you need a heart of stone and no feelings at all. Sociopaths and liars seem to do very good in this realm.
I keep forgetting this. It explains alot.
I wonder what the amounts out of 10 are? Id say 7/10.

Mario82

Mario82

I keep forgetting this. It explains alot.
I wonder what the amounts out of 10 are? Id say 7/10.
I definitely think there are a lot of nasty people out there willing to step on others to achieve their goals.

I

indigo6

Darkness stands out so strong.

B

bpd2020

I am really sorry you are feeling so sad and depressed. Please never think you have to always give support on here. Your feelings matter too. Depression is such a lonely feeling. You are brave to have posted on here.

I

indigo6

I am really sorry you are feeling so sad and depressed. Please never think you have to always give support on here. Your feelings matter too. Depression is such a lonely feeling. You are brave to have posted on here.
Thank you so much.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Suffering from constant depression and anxiety, not finding a job, multiple family problems, living in a country which I hate and lately a problem with my heart that makes me feel tired all the time. Basically i feel i dont belong to this world.
If it were me I would concentrate on my physical health, and make sure I am eating at regular times and getting enough sleep. I'd only worry excessively about the family issues if I am a parent, and do what I can to find work... Hope this helps :)

Mario82

Mario82

To be honest my problem is that I feel totally and utterly unappreciated by other people. Some people get flattered constantly even when they don't deserve it, yet it sometimes feels like someone would rather die than admit something nice about me. I mean, wtf? I just get treated like utter crap for some reason.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Do you also feel like people don't understand you, and if so does that frustrate you?

OCDguy

OCDguy

To be honest, I would like to understand you. Could you please tell me a little about yourself, and a little about your daily struggles etc. :)

Mario82

Mario82

To be honest, I would like to understand you. Could you please tell me a little about yourself, and a little about your daily struggles etc. :)
Not in the mood to type long posts, but I might come back to this. I have a journal in the journal section which goes into it a little. Also look for the 'this sounds like me' thread in OCD forum.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Thank you for sharing the link :) To be honest I used to spend hours looking in the mirror, trying to find the right clothes, getting my hair just right etc. What changed for me was moving my focus on me in the mirror to focussing on others'. I guess I became comfortable in my appearance after a while, in that those little tweaks didn't make any difference to how others' saw me. Focussing on others' was a lot better than focussing on me too.
For me it's important to be comfortable in our own skin, especially so if we have Personality Disorders or other Mental Health conditions. My opinion is we are the product of our values (the ones we lead our life by). Those values aren't set in stone, we can influence and/or change them if we're not happy with them, which also means we can change the type of person we are too if we so please. Once we know who we are, and we are at peace with our downfalls (if we're not we can work on them to make them better), things become so much easier. We are at peace with ourselves, which means we can stop focussing inwards and actually start to proceed possibly at pace along our life path (focussing outwards). It also means we become thicker skinned, and not so sensitive to others' comments etc.). If you need extra help finding out who you are etc. and you are fortunate enough to have a other half, try asking that person how they see you. No doubt you will be pleasantly surprised. :) Love, Peace and Respect to you. :)