Not Doing Well Right Now At All

W

wishface

I'm feeling very low right now. Nothing in life is working out and I'm on my own. I have tried to get help but there isn't anything here at all. I don't really know what to do and I don't see a future at all. I don't like living in this society, I think it's broken exploitative and oppressive. I think that, at 42yo, that it's all over, in fact it never even started. There's nowhere I can turn and no opportunities I can see to change things. I'm not sleeping at all either; I wake up in the night full of thoughts and if i do get back to sleep I wake in the morning feeling shattered. I don't really know what to do

Unique1

Unique1

Hi wish face.

:welcome: to the forum.

I'm so sorry for how you feel right now.

Things can improve with the right support.
It would normally be your GP who would access some services for you.
A visit to your GP to tell him how you are feeling Right now is a must
Print off this post and take it with you if necessary it explains things very well.

Have a look also at mind if you call them they have always been good signposting me to things available in my area to help out...some mind centres have counsellors available too.

Home | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems

I wish you all the best
Unique xx

Last edited:
W

wishface

Hi wish face.

:welcome: to the forum.

I'm so sorry for how you feel right now.

Things can improve with the right support.
It would normally be your GP who would access some services for you.
A visit to your GP to tell him how you are feeling Right now is a must
Print off this post and take it with you if necessary it explains things very well.

Have a look also at mind if you call them they have always been good signposting me to things available in my area to help out...some mind centres have counsellors available too.

Home | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems

I wish you all the best
Unique xx
I'lk take a look at Mind, but i remember when i've had problems before they didn't have much to offer.

The problem is there just isn't any support locally. All there is is CBT offered by a place called Positive Step, and they don't have any courses running at the moment.

I've spoken with my GP but she doesn't have any answers either; I had a diagnosis with a community nurse but she said I didn't fit any diagnosis and so I'm stuck.

There just isn't the support, I live rurally and I'm completely isolated. Even getting to places like Positive Step will be very expensive.

W

wishface

Is there no help at all anyone can suggest? I think i'm falling to pieces here.

Gajolene

Gajolene

I wouldn't count of the nurse and I would go back to the doctors and tell him how bad your depression is, if he still offers nothing I would be seeking a different doctor for a second opinion. If the therapist you saw was of no help maybe you need to find another one who is better suited to you. There are good therapists and bad and you have to fight for your health when no one is listening. The old addage of the squeaky wheel gets the oil really is true with health professionals. Have you ever written out everything thats going on before going in to the doctors. I find it really helps because I freeze up and forget things once I'm in the office, that should be said but I wasn't capable of doing because of side effects of my own anxiety and sleep deprevation. Hope this helps.

You can always talk with us too, have you started a journal or used the introduce yourself forum so we can better understand what your going through?

Last edited:
W

wishface

Thanks.

Unfortunately there isn't a lot of choice in respect of who to see locally. I'm not sure what else I can do and I'm conconered that, at this point, if i go back to the GP i'm just going to be prescribed some pills. I really am not comfortable with pills at all.

The Community Mental Health person wasn't a therapist though. Thwy wer ethere to undertake a diagnosis and decided that I didn't have anything wrong - or nothing that they considered an issue.

What is the journal facility?

waitingforsummer

waitingforsummer

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Wishface, Sorry to hear things are so bad. You sound like you're having a really bad time. Have you ever tried any medication? Sometimes medication can make a difference...but I understand if thats not your thing. Its difficult if it's hard for you to get places where there are services. There may be online or telephone counselling that you could access. It's not the same as talking to someone face-2-face, but it might help you. xx

Nikita

Nikita

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello Wishface,
I have been there where I have been so ill and was turned away by all the services and my GP couldn't help me either.At that time the following online counseling option got me through,this site has support groups and psychologists ready and able to help for free.It sounds ideal if you are rural and isolated.
https://turn2me.org/

I hope it helps you as much as it helped me two years ago I was desperate and totally isolated and they turned my life around.Best wishes.Nikitax

F

fourfive

Hi Wishface, i can relate with being in rural Devon and not having many choices. Think about giving medication a try if you haven't, it could give some short term relief just to gather your thoughts.

Boris

Boris

I have tried to get help but there isn't anything here at all. I don't really know what to do and I don't see a future at all.
Hi there buddy, maybe you were asking for help in the wrong place... if you could wave a magic wand what sort of help would you like? :)