• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Not coping.

U

Unworthy

I really am not coping and not wanting to live anymore. The daily fight is becoming harder and I am worthless and weak. 😭

Catty5

Catty5

Hello

What’s wrong ? Did something trigger you?
Is your depression getting worse?
I sometimes feel that way too by feeling overwhelmed.

U

Unworthy

A lot has been going on since I was last on here. I thought I was coping but I’m not and I hate that I feel this way. I’m breaking and falling more so now than I ever have done. I’m no longer treading water but sinking and barely coming up to the surface to gasp for air.

Catty5

Catty5

A lot has been going on since I was last on here. I thought I was coping but I’m not and I hate that I feel this way. I’m breaking and falling more so now than I ever have done. I’m no longer treading water but sinking and barely coming up to the surface to gasp for air.
You have lots of problems right now?
How’s your depression?

U

Unworthy

I do and feel like they are piling up on me quicker than ever and more so than I am dealing with them. The last few days have been plagued with crying and nothing much more than that. I don’t know how much further I can fall.
Seems like my thoughts are getting the better of me and can’t seem to shut my mind up.

G

Girl interupted

When I’m drowning I turn to the one thing I’m good at; writing.

It can help you, too. Write down everything you are feeling. Commit to writing at least a paragraph a day, even if it’s nonsense.

Then, when you are feeling stronger go back and re-read. It will help you to identify your triggers and give you insight into how far you’ve come when it feels like you aren’t moving.

Catty5

Catty5

When we’re depressed, we’re not capable to deal with things....I have a same problem as you have.
I do and feel like they are piling up on me quicker than ever and more so than I am dealing with them. The last few days have been plagued with crying and nothing much more than that. I don’t know how much further I can fall.
Seems like my thoughts are getting the better of me and can’t seem to shut my mind up.
When we’re depressed, we cannot handle things well. I feel overwhelmed often too. Please sort out and prioritize....

U

Unworthy

When I’m drowning I turn to the one thing I’m good at; writing.

It can help you, too. Write down everything you are feeling. Commit to writing at least a paragraph a day, even if it’s nonsense.

Then, when you are feeling stronger go back and re-read. It will help you to identify your triggers and give you insight into how far you’ve come when it feels like you aren’t moving.
Thank you Girl Interrupted. I also write but write in poem form. Recently most of them are highlighting one thing. Death and dying. Just seem to be getting worse.

G

Girl interupted

Then write out prose. Focus on what you are feeling. Try to identify why. Get it all down on paper.

U

Unworthy

When we’re depressed, we’re not capable to deal with things....I have a same problem as you have.

When we’re depressed, we cannot handle things well. I feel overwhelmed often too. Please sort out and prioritize....
I’m going to have to before it will consume me to a point of not being able to get out of all of this. Yet that entails some scary steps.

U

Unworthy

Then write out prose. Focus on what you are feeling. Try to identify why. Get it all down on paper.
I will write. It’s just all very scary and worried someone will find them. I’ve them in a note book and also on loose paper.

G

Girl interupted

Do you see a therapist? Writing it down will help you both tackle what needs to be addressed.

D

Dispatch

I agree ☝ ... magnesium glycinate might help with calming racing thoughts