Not coping at all

A

Amigoman116

My wife has recently become reliant on diazepam again to the extent that I have to give her her meds in the morning and then take myself out of the situation until her next dose is due,she gets up and dressed but then she lays on the sofa and doesn't move,the mental health team are useless,when you can get them to answer the phone they care not interested unless I take her to a&e,difficult when she won't leave the house,I broke down in tears this morning in front of her,I couldn't help it,but she just lay there oblivious,I really don't know what to do now,I really should be there for her but it's the constant begging for diazepam,we have had long talks over the last week's when she promises to do little things around the house and go out for a short walk but then breaks every promise or puts condition on it like,I'll have a diazepam and then I'll do this....but then when pill is taken reverts back to the sofa,I'm at my wit's end,I don't want to go out all day but I feel I have no choice because inevitably I will give in to her demands as I can't bear to see her cry and it's not helping her,I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place with no way out

D

Default12259

Hi, I've just read your OP - I'm sorry to hear of your situation with your wife. I have also had difficulty getting constructive help aside from meds through the mental health team.

A few things come to mind:-

Support for you - have you had a chance to chat to your GP about seeing some to chat through the issues?

Support for you both - there is Relate - I know someone who went who found them helpful.

If you'd like advice about the prescription meds there are a number of helplines - one page on the Council for Evidence Based Psychiatry's site lists some if addiction is an issue:

Support -

Supportline offers emotional support for all sorts of situations (they have helpline - not sure opening times) :

SupportLine - Problems: Depression: Advice, support and information

Maybe a good one to start with would be the No Panic (help with anxiety disorders) helpline:-

No Panic - Helping you break the chains of anxiety disorders

Hope that something helps soon. Hopefully someone else may be along with experience of something like this. Take care.

(also if you google depression helpline think there is another number - sorry in a bit of a rush so have to dash x)

A

Amigoman116

Here we go again

My wife has recently become reliant on diazepam again to the extent that I have to give her her meds in the morning and then take myself out of the situation until her next dose is due,she gets up and dressed but then she lays on the sofa and doesn't move,the mental health team are useless,when you can get them to answer the phone they care not interested unless I take her to a&e,difficult when she won't leave the house,I broke down in tears this morning in front of her,I couldn't help it,but she just lay there oblivious,I really don't know what to do now,I really should be there for her but it's the constant begging for diazepam,we have had long talks over the last week's when she promises to do little things around the house and go out for a short walk but then breaks every promise or puts condition on it like,I'll have a diazepam and then I'll do this....but then when pill is taken reverts back to the sofa,I'm at my wit's end,I don't want to go out all day but I feel I have no choice because inevitably I will give in to her demands as I can't bear to see her cry and it's not helping her,I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place with no way out
After a really good few months the angry head of bipolar rises again,nasty all the time ,barking orders,saying things with no regard to consequences,I only hope I can hold it together this time until she comes down.