Not Coping Anxiety & stress at uni

C

Charlie-Is-Anxious

Hi guys,

Sorry if this makes no sense I'm currently sobbing because of a Uni assignment. So iv been at uni for about 6 weeks and I'm having my first mental breakdown, I have an assignment due Thursday that I tried to start Monday (couldn't do it earlier because I had 3 assignments & a test last week) but I'm not sure how to do it, so I tried to do it yesterday but the assignment sheet is very vague and I don't know exactly what to do and I have an Anxiety disorder along with OCD symptoms and low self-esteem so I'm really scared of doing anything wrong I need someone to tell me what to do so I know im doing it right. But anyway i tried to do it Monday and I couldn't figure out how to do it and I can't get any help from lecturers till Thursday & thats when its due so I spent hours yesterday sobbing & iv been trying for hours today but I cant do it because I'm scared ill do it wrong so Iv have done nothing and I cant stop crying & im like 80% sure the uni won't give me an extension even though I have a disability access plan because of my mental illness becuase its not an excuse to get an extension apparently & im to ashamed to ask coz i look unorganised and weak. I haven't gotten a grade less than a High Distinction since I started uni so I'm really worried I won't get a HD.

What do I do? I can't stop crying & I kind of want to die.

Chopsy

Chopsy

Hi Charlie-is-anxious,

i don't have experience with uni, or much experience with OCD, but i do have experience with crying & anxiousness & i had a couple of ideas i wanted to share.

Does the crying help you at all ? ie. do you feel better after crying

Or has the crying become a continuous symptom, that is not helping or bringing any relief.

if the crying is not helping at all, but you cant stop, then it may be time to reach out for some professional help.

In terms of the assignment, could you contact any other peers who are also doing the same assignment as you, & ask them for clarification..

Could you get in contact with a professional from the uni. eg. a secretary, or councilor - that maybe able to offer some helpful or reassuring advice.

:hug1:

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

Hello there. Have you thought about asking a tutor? I don't know if that is an option but it might be. This sounds like a stressful situation. I hope it goes well for you. :hug:

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
Yes, if you know any classmates ask them, if the wording if not clear then they will all be having the same issues as you.