• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Not BPD related but my best friend was PTS today 💔

V

Vegay

My Dog was diagnosed with two illnesses and the vets advised that she was suffering. Absolutely devastated. I was in the room with her the whole time. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do and not sure how to cope with this right now.

L

Luvmypets

I am so sorry about you pet. Having an ill pet or losing one is one of the most helpless feelings you can have. Pets are the best and always there for you. Its an unbearable pain. I understand.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

im so so sorry to hear this ,my dog was put to sleep at the beginning of the year and my cat a few months ago
my thoughts are with you xxx

L

Luvmypets

so sorry. I have lots many pets over the years from old age. pets are the best. so hard to deal with.

Z

Zaz3

ACCOUNT CLOSED
My dog died many years ago after being my best friend for 15 years. It was heartbreaking. My thoughts are with you 🙏 :hug1:

L

Lavendergirl

My Dog was diagnosed with two illnesses and the vets advised that she was suffering. Absolutely devastated. I was in the room with her the whole time. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do and not sure how to cope with this right now.
This is so hard for you
I have had many dogs and each time either through old age or illness I have stayed by there side whilst they have been gently put out of their pain
You have done a brave and selfless thing
It will take time to grieve
Lots of tears and sadness.
I promise you that in time you will get passed this pain in your heart
You will remember fondly the amazing times you had with your faithful friend
Sending hugs

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Vegay, I am so so sorry to hear you have lost your beautiful dog. I know you will be in a world of pain right now. This is a natural feeling and it will take time before you can begin to heal. I am posting a link to Blue Cross bereavement. They understand the pain of loosing a beloved animal and are very supportive.

M

MYTIMEHASCOME

sorry to hear about your best friend Vegay :( I can’t imagine how hard that was but you did the right thing, love is sometimes doing something that makes you suffer to stop someone you care about suffering ❤ I know this doesn’t make it hurt less but it’s true.

I don’t know what to say with regards to what next but I’d say give yourself time to grieve dogs and cats and animals in generals leave as much of a gap as anyone or anything we love they love unconditionally and it’s a hard think to just have vanish one day - big hug to you 🤗🌈❤

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm so sorry for your loss, I've lost pets so do understand.
The shock will lesson, you will always have your memories.
Hugs

JessisMe

JessisMe

I’m very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved. It must have been a very difficult choice to make but it was good of you to not prolong her suffering. She was very fortunate to have had such a kind, thoughtful and loving owner as you. xo, j

V

Vegay

Thank you for all of your kind words during this difficult time.

Gethsemane

Gethsemane

This is horrible OP and very sad indeed as pets are soo amazing they love us as much as we love them <3

Can I hijack this comment to ask why people here would agree a dog suffering should be put down but a human that is suffering is told to stay alive until they naturally die whilst suffering?
How can you recognize that lower animals are suffering and should cease to exist yet not extend that privilege to humans?
Do you see your hypocrisy?