• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Not being able to see my Family for a while :(

Teakita

Teakita

It's the most depressing time of the year... Well for me anyway, things aren't the same this year around Christmas I'm not going to be with my family for hmm let's say for more than a year.. I moved Interstate back in May of this Year and I haven't seen my family since April. Even though I chose to move on with my life and start fresh. I will always think of them and miss them. But hey we might meet again... I'm just feeling sad.... I'm sorry that I haven't posted anything recently I've been busy with personal issues in my life. I have been lurking though, Just don't know how to input and don't know how to help others on this forum in need. Sorry MH Forum that I've neglected this tight knight community oh and I heard members are leaving.... Well I guess that's there choice I think I'm going to hang about for awhile I like posting on here when I can...

Take care Peeps!

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

There's no need to apologise.:hug1:
You're free to come and go as you need the forum. Can't speak for everyone, but I don't forget you when you're away.

Sorry to hear about things not being so good and that you're not going to be able to spend time with your family as you'd like.
So will you ultimately be spending Christmas alone?

I think it's very difficult not to feel sad if you don't have a picture-perfect family to be spending this time of year with. There's so much pressure and a lot of expectation.. you turn the TV on or whatever and see the image of a cosy, happy family.
Christmas, or any other "occasion" is difficult for me for other reasons (being that there is some seriously fucked up family stuff going on) and so I can relate to feeling a bit out of sorts at this time of year.

Maybe take some time now to plan ahead and think about what you'd like to do over Christmas, and maybe try to arrange to see other people so you won't feel so lonely. x

Teakita

Teakita

Hey SomersetScorpio, Thank you for replying to my thread No I won't be spending Christmas alone I have made new friends where I am So I will be spending Christmas with a few close friends.. But I'm going to be working in 2015 and onwards so might get some money behind me and somehow work around visiting my family. Because I am pretty close with my family I talk to them on the phone every month. But I seem to be the one that always makes the first move to give them a call. And that ticks me off as well. I'm sorry to hear your going through a screwed up time with your family though... You can't choose your family but you can choose your friends... However family is always going to be there friends come and go hey...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A People 3
AdamP72 People 35
L People 9
L People 27
W People 3