• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

not being a mum

E

Elisante

Why u think people that dnt want to have a kid are obnoxious and unnatural. I think theres nothing wrong with those people, its just their desition
I generally don't like them. Most of them are very obnoxious about how they don't like children.

But the reason I posted this on this thread is because I wanted to see if you would question me about it or if others would call me judgmental. I guess judging people for not having children is bad but judging them for having them is okay in your minds. Was it not your friend's decision to have a child even if he wasn't economically stable?

E

Elisante

Seems harsh and judgmental.

Even if I could father children, the reason I don't care is "Why have a child?" Seriously, why should I want to? Any moron can produce a child just through being stupid or unsafe, how is that a significant achievement? I mean, sure, producing and raising a person that is healthy, considerate, and productive is an achievement, but too many parents are honestly crap parents, and raise crap people.
I don't see it that way. Children are not achievements. Even bringing one to the world seems important to me. Anyways.

JessisMe

JessisMe

For many people bringing a child into the world isn’t a decision...it just happens.

M

ManDss

I generally don't like them. Most of them are very obnoxious about how they don't like children.

But the reason I posted this on this thread is because I wanted to see if you would question me about it or if others would call me judgmental. I guess judging people for not having children is bad but judging them for having them is okay in your minds. Was it not your friend's decision to have a child even if he wasn't economically stable?
I think u are talking about certain kind of people who say they dnt want to have kids, people who kind of say dont have kids is a "smart desition", and they want to sound smarter than people who have kids. I also dnt like those people. But not all people who dnt want have kids are the same.

My friend is not in a good economical situation, he is 29, still living with his parents, not planing have studies. His job is not very well paid. Same her girlfriend.

I would kind of judge a person that says dnt have kids its unnatural, because I see that opinion as very wrong. But I understand u just said it to see how I respond, and not because u think that, right ?

E

Elisante

I think u are talking about certain kind of people who say they dnt want to have kids, people who kind of say dont have kids is a "smart desition", and they want to sound smarter than people who have kids. I also dnt like those people. But not all people who dnt want have kids are the same.

My friend is not in a good economical situation, he is 29, still living with his parents, not planing have studies. His job is not very well paid. Same her girlfriend.

I would kind of judge a person that says dnt have kids its unnatural, because I see that opinion as very wrong. But I understand u just said it to see how I respond, and not because u think that, right ?
I do think it's unnatural. I just brought it up to see how you'll react. But it's okay, I judge you too.

M

ManDss

I do think it's unnatural. I just brought it up to see how you'll react. But it's okay, I judge you too.
I think u kind of misunderstood what I said. I mean that I think is bad to have a kid without a solid economic ground. In any case, I can feel that what my friend does is wrong but... that would not change anything, I can think my friend is a disaster because things I think are not good, but itd just my oponion, he can still make his life.

L

LouMar

sometimes i feel sad i never had a child x i wonder what they would have been like and what they would have ben interested in
i would like to have created a little life but deep down i know it is for the best im not a mum
i would never have been stable enough ,it would have been the most important thing in the world to make sure they were happy and healthy

i wondered if anyone else had sad feelings about never becoming a mummy

im only 40 but it isn't feasible x
Hi yes
I am 44 and Ive struggled at times with not having had the chance to have my own children. Sometimes I get very angry at society as everything feels like having children is the main pathway. Some of my friends have children and their lives are now consumed with being parents and I can feel very lonely and isolated at times as though Ive massively missed out and it makes me sad.