• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

not being a mum

M

ManDss

Sorry to hear, big hug from distance.

I also feel bad because dont have a child, or know I would be able to have one in the near future.

I always dreamed to have a child, since I was really little (10 old or so). Always thought to have 1 steady partner, family, and all that. And dont have that and how things have twisted for me, its such a bad thing.

Ive been thinking about this quite recently, its like "what the hell happened to me".

The other day I found a "friend" on the street, he had a child, just 6 month old, and I had to fake I was happy because he is not a person with a steady job, or a good education (I think still doesnt finish highschool, he 29 old). I always thought if have a child be able to aford all, and be sure to to raise it.

E

Elisante

and I had to fake I was happy because he is not a person with a steady job, or a good education
That's kind of mean. If he is a good father nothing else matters, especially whether or not he finished school.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Yes I can relate to this I also wish I had a child. I guess it wasn't meant to be though. I would of wanted a girl and I would have named her Mary. I do understand what you are saying. I don't think I would have made a good mother but I don't really know that.❤
If I had a girl I would have wanted to name her Emily.
If I had a boy I would have wanted to name him Alexander.

N

Nukelavee

I'd name my kid Arby, and if people asked what it was short for, I'd say "His full name is Arbitrary."

I am going to name my next doggle Arby...

A

Am33

In some places they have co housing like in Denmark where people all live together in a community (come ye into unity ) everyone has their place and there is a big dining hall meeting room . The young mothers have more free time cause there are older people can watch them. They can be " parents " even "grandparents" I see that as the future where like minded people with the same interests , needs can cohabitate.

S

sallimae76

In some places they have co housing like in Denmark where people all live together in a community (come ye into unity ) everyone has their place and there is a big dining hall meeting room . The young mothers have more free time cause there are older people can watch them. They can be " parents " even "grandparents" I see that as the future where like minded people with the same interests , needs can cohabitate.
I would love to live that way!

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

I feel the same Lu, I would have loved kids. I know deep down it is for the best.
I'm not well enough to look after a child physically or mentally.

M

ManDss

That's kind of mean. If he is a good father nothing else matters, especially whether or not he finished school.
Yes, its kind of mean, heh. Should explain couple of things why I dont see this friend so great about having a child.

But I mean, I dnt like those people who dont have a kid without a steady life.

First prepare, make a solid ground, and then have a kid. Its my view.

JessisMe

JessisMe

We have the same “intentional communities” in some places here.

E

Elisante

Yes, its kind of mean, heh. Should explain couple of things why I dont see this friend so great about having a child.

But I mean, I dnt like those people who dont have a kid without a steady life.

First prepare, make a solid ground, and then have a kid. Its my view.
Completely disagree. I think the opposite. I think people that proclaim that they do not want children are obnoxious and unnatural.

M

ManDss

Completely disagree. I think the opposite. I think people that proclaim that they do not want children are obnoxious and unnatural.
Why u think people that dnt want to have a kid are obnoxious and unnatural. I think theres nothing wrong with those people, its just their desition

N

Nukelavee

Seems harsh and judgmental.

Even if I could father children, the reason I don't care is "Why have a child?" Seriously, why should I want to? Any moron can produce a child just through being stupid or unsafe, how is that a significant achievement? I mean, sure, producing and raising a person that is healthy, considerate, and productive is an achievement, but too many parents are honestly crap parents, and raise crap people.