• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

not being a mum

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

sometimes i feel sad i never had a child x i wonder what they would have been like and what they would have ben interested in
i would like to have created a little life but deep down i know it is for the best im not a mum
i would never have been stable enough ,it would have been the most important thing in the world to make sure they were happy and healthy

i wondered if anyone else had sad feelings about never becoming a mummy

im only 40 but it isn't feasible x

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

Yep, I feel that way from time to time. I would have made a great mom, except for the times when I was ill. Then it would have been disasterous.

A

Am33

You are a mum to your puppy :) they are just like kids too but they stay 2 forever ;)

Taffy

Taffy

Yes I can relate to this I also wish I had a child. I guess it wasn't meant to be though. I would of wanted a girl and I would have named her Mary. I do understand what you are saying. I don't think I would have made a good mother but I don't really know that.❤

SomeSwedishGirl

SomeSwedishGirl

I think its only natural to wonder about the ”what ifs” about parenthood, aspecially when you mature a bit and go beyond the years of ”me first” behaviour that comes along with being young.
And if you haven’t had children, and plan not to, of course the feelings surrounding could make you sad and blue about it.

anex

anex

I can see why you feel that way sometimes.
❤
Was it a choice you made a while ago to not have kids?

Zaz2020

Zaz2020

I had a child once (I was a daddy not mummy). Through a destructive marriage and a terrible legal system I had a complete breakdown and lost my son. I have lived the last 30 years of my life in despair and torment aching for my baby boy who is now a man I don't know and who to me is still a child crawling around in his baby grow. When i close my eyes and breathe in I can still smell him and feel the warmth of his tiny body. If i could turn back time I'd never have had a child. It was and still is the most heartbreaking experience of my life.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

I had a child once (I was a daddy not mummy). Through a destructive marriage and a terrible legal system I had a complete breakdown and lost my son. I have lived the last 30 years of my life in despair and torment aching for my baby boy who is now a man I don't know and who to me is still a child crawling around in his baby grow. When i close my eyes and breathe in I can still smell him and feel the warmth of his tiny body. If i could turn back time I'd never have had a child. It was and still is the most heartbreaking experience of my life.
that is truly awful im sorry
my sister had a breakdown 2 years ago and her 2 young children ended up being adopted
i can't describe to you how much she misses them ,im sorry for what you have been through x

Zaz2020

Zaz2020

that is truly awful im sorry
my sister had a breakdown 2 years ago and her 2 young children ended up being adopted
i can't describe to you how much she misses them ,im sorry for what you have been through x
Thank you. I know my message didn't really fit your post but I felt compelled to say it. I'm sorry for your sister it's a terrible thing to have to deal with. My heart goes out to her x

S

sallimae76

sometimes i feel sad i never had a child x i wonder what they would have been like and what they would have ben interested in
i would like to have created a little life but deep down i know it is for the best im not a mum
i would never have been stable enough ,it would have been the most important thing in the world to make sure they were happy and healthy

Yes, I feel the same. I am 44 and I have never been financially stable and emotionally stable enough to have a child. Also, I have never been in a relationship, so it was never possible. I know it's for the best.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I don’t feel sad for myself that I never had a child but I do feel sad that I never worked that way to build a family for my parents. My brother never had children either and he lives far away so holidays are just me and my parents and because I live with them already holidays are kind of sad and boring. I think my parents would have made amazing grandparents and I feel that I robbed them of that by my failure to reproduce. 😞😞😞

N

Nukelavee

I've been sterile since 17, so, it was never an option. Once in a while, it bothers me a little, but not that much.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide

I think you would be a great mummy and i think you should try and get pregnant. :)