• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Not able to leave my house.

T

TiffanyRose

I have been diagnosed with PTSD from my sisters death. Before she died I hated being in the house and always had to have plans made. Now I cant be around anyone or go into public places. My self esteem is nonexistent and I can barely look at myself. Anyone else experience this?

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am so very sorry you have lost your sister. If you are struggling to go out then maybe you would find online therapy helpful? You could talk about all that is happening and they may be able to help with your fear of going outside too.

A

Am33

ACCOUNT CLOSED
PSTD is a clinical name what really happens when we face a trauma its like our soul is fractured .Like when your sister passed you have to try and seek wholeness again .

Last edited by a moderator:
OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

our soul is fractured
your soul is not a bone, it cant fracture lol

Sri Ramana Maharshi: For the simple reason that unless you give up the idea that the world is real, your mind will always be after it. If you take the appearance to be real you will never know the Real itself, although it is the Real alone that exists. This point is illustrated by the analogy of the ‘snake in the rope’. As long as you see the snake you cannot see the rope as such. The non-existent snake becomes real to you, while the real rope seems wholly non-existent as such.

Beorn the Bear

Beorn the Bear

PSTD is a clinical name what really happens when we face a trauma its like our soul is fractured .Like when your sister passed you have to try and seek wholeness again .
"What really happens"... 🙄

A

Am33

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Read Dr. Shakuntala Modi books she goes into detail with her 35 years of experience with patients .

VanillaChai

VanillaChai

Hello TiffanyRose,

I'm sorry to hear about your sister.
I have a hard time leaving the house too sometimes due to a trauma.

Have you thought of joining a support group specifically for grief or seeing a therapist? Both of these things can maybe be done online.

Good luck with everything.