• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Not able to get on with others.

A

AppletreeConfusion

No matter what I do I just can't seem to gain the acceptance of anyone, anyone who has ever cared about me is bullied into no longer having anything to do with me anymore. I am getting really tired of this - I wish I didn't need people but I do get lonely. It's hard to stay sane when all I honestly have ultimately experienced is social rejection from others. I turned 30 this year, and by this point I am just so sick of the same things happening and then getting the excuses - Its a different excuse each times. I guess I just need a penpal or something, somekne who feels some empathy and doesn't judge me for being different because I am left here feeling like I should give up with people entirely tbh. Noone cares aboht me but my mum, people imply that I should kill myself and pthers have told me this, yet I dont think I should have to do that; that would just feel a bit like murder because I am being bullied into sibmission for reasons I have no understanding of because I'm not like most people. I feel alright otherwise, some things have impepved in my life but it gets lonely and depressing like this at times. Would be noce if there were decent human beings that believe in freedom instead of trying to trigger my suicide or have me sectioned indefinitely or something. Is it mental health if people just abuse me in any way they can legally get away with? Sadly this is what I habe experienced so far in my adult life, yet I only have mild autism and depression/anxiety. Surely there are other nice people put there? I must have the worst luck on earth or there is something about me people hate. People claim to not be able to put their finger on it. Im utterly appoaled at how Ive been treated... :(

Never right anyone off entirely, I would be fine if people treated me fairly. It's not my fault I was rejected in the past, doesnt mean I should die, I could still turn things around.

Sorry if this doesnt seem to match up to others experiences, but I seem to change the way people are around me; something about me is just despised.

Faith198

Faith198

Nothings wrong with you, it is just the people you are running into. Unfortunately not everyone is nice, but there are a lot of others out there who genuinely care and want to help. I hope you like the forum. Everyone has been nice and helpful for me here. I’ve even private messaged some. Most people are empathetic and can relate so it’s really nice. This is a place where most feel accepted and cared about. :hug:

A

AppletreeConfusion

Yeah, I have to say that I'm doing a bit better since writing this, I am much more chill about things and less mean atm, treatments for depression seem to improve my symptoms of feeling so devastated and angry at everyone. It is an imperfect world and the best we can do is try not to create more pain.

I find it hard to understand peoples emotions but I guess there must be things about me that tick people off in some way or another, but I am simply not mixing with enough people to know... I have an open mind once again.

Honestly if anyone out there is feeling isolated and alone with these kidns of problems - you gave my sympathy. Don't feel afraid to try treatments for depression and make some attmpts to meet with others, don't give up on other people, and likewise lets try our best not to take our frustrations out on others.

sab

sab

I met so many people in my life, than one day I realized there's nothing wrong with me. I just kept choosing wrong people. You won't gain sympathy of everyone, but try to stick with these who are nice to you. Even if it's only few or one person. Good people are difficult to find, but it's possible. You have still plenty of life ahead of you, don't give up. Best of luck for you.