Not A Real Woman!

• Thread starter iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2
  • Start date
I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

I am so freaking tired of people saying that women who choose not to have kids are not real women, not feminine enough, or not doing what their bodies are made for! Like my stupid mom telling me that I have a body for bearing babies! Or she'd say at your age you should be having babies! Then idiots say transwomen aren't real women because they can't get pregnant! What an insult! So women who can't get pregnant aren't real women cause they can't conceive! They are still real women! Transwomen are still real women! I know some transwomen and infertal cis women are depressed and even suicidal cause they can't bear young! If I could I would gladly give a woman my ability to bear children! Then you have these religious fundamentalists telling women who don't want kids that they are satanic and rebelling against God and that they are really going to Hell for going against God's will! Seriously this has and still does happen to me and other women! Pardon me but my body will not bear some man's child! My body is mine only! Plus I can't stand my family and their genes will not be carried down by me! They do not deserve that! If I'm not a real woman because I don't want kids then fine so be it!!! 😠😠😠

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

So does this also mean average men are not real men because they aren't built like Brian Shaw and other world's strongest men?!

P

Pink1234

I became a father rather late(38) and before then used to get stupid comments like that too. Best ignored. I put it down to pettiness - jealous of my enjoying the freedoms that they lost when they had 2 or 3 children.

I say it's your body, your choice.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

I became a father rather late(38) and before then used to get stupid comments like that too. Best ignored. I put it down to pettiness - jealous of my enjoying the freedoms that they lost when they had 2 or 3 children.

I say it's your body, your choice.
Thank you. My body is not a baby machine! I'm sorry people treated you like that. I do know about how men would get put down for not having sons. That pisses me off! Like daughters are less! My family seems to think so. Plus I think 7.5 billion people is more than enough. People sure do take being fruitful and multiplying very seriously!

P

Pink1234

Ha, I so agree. I always thought that I was doing my bit to save us from overpopulation- I only has 1 child.

Z

Zoe1

oh yes its ridiculous isn't it !
I think the world has not outgrown this idea yet

I have never felt bad about not being married
when I was growing up my dads partner was a feminist
and there was a poster on the wall
saying **** housework !

nobody talked about having babies either
but I have received stick about it as an adult

actually I have a beautiful nephew
that I used to look after when he was little

watching his parents and him suffer
because they were not ready to be parents
and trying to help them was more than enough for me

the last thing we needed was another neglected child !

:loveshower:

G

Girl interupted

You are the only owner of your body, do what makes you happy and tell the detractors to stuff it.

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

! So women who can't get pregnant aren't real women cause they can't conceive! They are still real women! 😠😠😠
I am old enough to remember a time when people didn't openly question why women did or didn't have kids. Part of that was due to a sensitivity toward those who might be infertile. There were a lot of injustices in the past, it's true, but there was, in general, an empathy toward the feelings of others that has been lost to a large extent. We have now a ruder, colder society.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

Thank you for your responses everyone. 🤗 I get angry when people base a woman's worth and sole reason for existing is to have their man's babies, specifically sons. I feel bad for infertal and transwomen as they can't have babies. But they are still real women!

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

The concept of 'real women' or 'real men' is somewhat meaningless to some of us non-binary folk anyway.
Yes mentally I am neither masculine or feminine. Rather androgynous. Always have been. I tried so hard to be feminine when I was a brainwashed Christian because I didn't want to go to Hell. But whateva. I'm myself period. You can't pray that type of stuff away. 🙄

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

Yes mentally I am neither masculine or feminine. Rather androgynous. Always have been. I tried so hard to be feminine when I was a brainwashed Christian because I didn't want to go to Hell. 🙄
I hear you. That reminds me -- I tried on a sundress the other day, and almost fell over laughing. It just wasn't me in the mirror. And yet, there was a time when I wore dresses and skirts to work and church every week, trying to be one of them.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

I hear you. That reminds me -- I tried on a sundress the other day, and almost fell over laughing. It just wasn't me in the mirror. And yet, there was a time when I wore dresses and skirts to work and church every week, trying to be one of them.
Religion terrifies and hurts so bad! I am traumatized by it for the rest of my life! 😭😳😠

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vanish People 14
S People 1
Soul_Deeps People 1