• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Not a normal life

S

singsongfun

I think i might be drinking more than 4 most days. 5? 6? If i am exhausted, it makes me feel dizzy.

I am drinking a cup now and it does help me get moving in the morning. I will still be asleep again in an hour or two though and feel i cannot prevent that. It is annoying because i don't want to go to sleep again.
Does sound like you are experiencing medication side effects. Can you change antipsychotic to something less drowsy e.g. Aripiprazole?

Hocotatian

Hocotatian

I have heard that about many people, that they work but spend all weekend sleeping or get very behind on housekeeping and keeping in touch with friends.

Can you work less hours?
I only work a few hours a day and if I did less the financial pressures increase. It's all about finding the right balance, which I can never seem to do.

I'm also drinking too much coffee, like 8-10 cups a day. And sleeping too much. Without the coffee I wouldn't function at all right now.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Does sound like you are experiencing medication side effects. Can you change antipsychotic to something less drowsy e.g. Aripiprazole?
You are probably right. That is so stressful to think of changing but at least that rules out whether taking more would help or not. It is possible taking more would make more feel more awake. It is so hard to know which is side effects and which is depression.

I'm not taking an antipsychotic anymore. I take Lamotrigine and an antidepressant at the moment. The psychiatrist said Lamotrigine does make people sleepy.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I only work a few hours a day and if I did less the financial pressures increase. It's all about finding the right balance, which I can never seem to do.

I'm also drinking too much coffee, like 8-10 cups a day. And sleeping too much. Without the coffee I wouldn't function at all right now.
Balance, i can't find that either :rolleyes:

You are doing so well to manage even 5 hours per day. I could manage 2, but if i had to, i would have to wouldn't i. I hope in the future i won't be forced in to that.

I'm considering Rocket Fuel ;)

Are you more awake come spring?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I got up late today and it is already getting dark. I am sitting in front of a large window and the light is coming in but i am sure i will be asleep by 6 p.m

Hocotatian

Hocotatian

Balance, i can't find that either :rolleyes:

You are doing so well to manage even 5 hours per day. I could manage 2, but if i had to, i would have to wouldn't i. I hope in the future i won't be forced in to that.

I'm considering Rocket Fuel ;)

Are you more awake come spring?
I only do 2.5 hour shifts and up to an hour of that is rest (sleep) time!

Once we get to 'birthday season' (all our family birthdays are Feb-April) I'll start to be more awake. It's the long drag up to Doomsday (Xmas) that is the worst for me. So right now. Also I had a bad patch this summer when I wasn't sleeping at all except for a quick nap every 2-3 days. So I guess I'm on the flip side of that now too.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I only do 2.5 hour shifts and up to an hour of that is rest (sleep) time!

Once we get to 'birthday season' (all our family birthdays are Feb-April) I'll start to be more awake. It's the long drag up to Doomsday (Xmas) that is the worst for me. So right now. Also I had a bad patch this summer when I wasn't sleeping at all except for a quick nap every 2-3 days. So I guess I'm on the flip side of that now too.
Doomsday :)

I start to sleep less around March, have much more energy through the spring and summer, then by September, i am back to sleeping again.

It worries me i am being lazy because when there are birthdays here too, i have to wake up and i think i get through it, but then am tired again. Maybe i do not push myself hard enough. I am surprised i am still awake now.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
This was also me waiting for my daughter to cook dinner tonight. And now waiting for 8pm to take last meds before bedtime.
It is nice to be cooked for :)

I slept for an hour and then my cat demanded i get up, so i had no choice.

I'm more awake in the evenings, for about an hour now, it is like someone switched the light back on. This is why i feel it is depression and not a side effect. Maybe it is both that are together making my day difficult.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

It is hard to see everyone going to fun places this time of the year isn't it.

I'm trying to be positive. I am managing to keep up with basic housework and basic washing and eating, but I get behind often.
I can't work either. I can't do house chores. I only shower every 3-6 weeks. I last did my laundry 3 months ago. I don't eat in the day. I sleep most of the days away. I can barely remember what day / week it is.

This is just NOT ok.

Hocotatian

Hocotatian

I slept 10 hours. Got up and did work. Came home and had a breakdown on the phone. Then slept 2 hours. I'm on coffee number 6 right now. Feel like I can't carry on this way today.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I can't work either. I can't do house chores. I only shower every 3-6 weeks. I last did my laundry 3 months ago. I don't eat in the day. I sleep most of the days away. I can barely remember what day / week it is.

This is just NOT ok.
Do you have a carer?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I slept 10 hours. Got up and did work. Came home and had a breakdown on the phone. Then slept 2 hours. I'm on coffee number 6 right now. Feel like I can't carry on this way today.
I hate phone calls :) Was it an official call?

10 hours of sleep, that is what i am having again now. If i didn't get that morning walk, life would feel pointless as i would never see the daylight.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I had coffee out and a mint choc muffin. It has helped so much today. A bit of life, people, dressing up in normal clothes.