• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Nose Diving Again!

martyn6291

martyn6291

So here i am again...its been a reasonable week so far...even today was good until lunch time when i started to drop a bit....then some more

I am noticing that i have been less prone to rapid cycling since i been on the meds but to be honest there are times when i go back down and its hard to get up.

My girlfriend has been stressed about things and i have become less tolerant of her problems, mainly because she explodes into stuff and unless im on a reasonable high i struggle to cope with stuff...if anything i get very angry at her for being so prone to silly stresses...when the times im on a downer...its like trying to climb mount everest on crutches!..but i do try to stay up!

I have had one manic episode today...when i got in from work...i was rushing round the house..up and down stairs..literally running...and had to sleep for an hour or so to calm down....i wasnt down when i was manic..but going from down at lunch to manic at 4 pm to down now...it sucks!....right now i wish my girlfriend would just go away...but when i lift myself out of my stuff...i need her...and love her.

but for now her pathetic moaning about stuff that really doesnt matter..i wish i had her problems, as to me they seem like nothing....but then again one mans ill are another mans pleasures...it just gets to me how much mental energy my mania and depression takes!!!...and she doesnt understand.....

i also get fed up of saying sorry to her when im down..

jeesus...its all just a bloody mess!:unsure:

A

Apotheosis

Hi martyn

It's good to hear from you on the forum again.

martyn6291

martyn6291

Hi apotheosis!

I have been away..as often i do at the weekends to see my daughter!

hope your well mate!

A

Apotheosis

Sounds nice.

I'm OK - I've been feeling really tired. Which is a good thing really; as I'm sleeping more & getting earlier nights. I did go through a phase of poor sleep recently, so I'm glad of it. I like to feel tired too. I feel more relaxed when I'm tired.

martyn6291

martyn6291

yeah i doo sleep too, considering my state most of the time...i neve have problems getting to sleep although my sleep ist very restful! (The old grey stuff must still be plotting..call it cataleptic chaos formulation!)

its good your calmer when tired...im very cranky when im tired..

Its said that out of millions of bits of information that a hman mind conciously can take only 7 + or - minus x 2 bits of information...( basicaly 5 bits at worst and 9 bits at best)...whwn im tired...i literally can only take in 1x things...any more and im very snappy!

its bad really...so when i monitor myself..im in bed right away when tirednes sets in! call it damage limitation! but other see it as laziness!

martyn6291

martyn6291

hey i got an appointment with PCAT next week..they are going to be asessing my psyciatric condition im worried about anti psycotic drugs..are u guys takling them currently?

do you know much about them?

T

Twylight

Yep, i've been taking Olanzepine for 12 years and it's very calming

Years ago I was on Major Tranquillisers and they were horendous - I don't know how I survived it - but at that time that was all there was

martyn6291

martyn6291

Im expecting to be hit with the bi-polar stick although the average diagnosis is 10 years apparently! currently im on 20mg of citalopram...which actually hit my body well as im agreat beliver of the mind knowing how and what kind of feelings drugs give....i used to take lots of ecstacy ..and citalopram...is like cheap E......well thats what it feels like! it only helps with the low feelings...im still bent as kent when it comes to mania! which is ok when i got things to do!

currently im building a harrier jump jet!

i only asked as some were saying about the negative effects of anti pycotics!

cheers! thanks for replying!:)

A

Apotheosis

162mg Amisulpride. I don't like being on it, hopefully one day I'll get off it.

A

Apotheosis

Yep, i've been taking Olanzepine for 12 years and it's very calming

Years ago I was on Major Tranquillisers and they were horendous - I don't know how I survived it - but at that time that was all there was
I don't mean to split hairs - Olanzapine is an A-typical Anti Psychotic - which are also classed as neuroleptics - & which are also categorised as major Tranquillizers; (as opposed to the minor Tranquillizers)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tranquilizer

A

Apotheosis

The original antipsychotic drugs were happened upon largely by chance and were tested empirically for their effectiveness. The first antipsychotic was chlorpromazine, which was developed as a surgical anaesthetic. It was first used on psychiatric patients because of its powerful calming effect; at the time it was regarded as a "chemical lobotomy". Lobotomy was used to treat many behavioural disorders, including psychosis, although its "effectiveness" was (from a modern viewpoint) due to its tendency to markedly reduce behaviour of all types. However, chlorpromazine quickly proved to reduce the effects of psychosis in a more effective and specific manner than the extreme lobotomy-like sedation it was known for.

The underlying neurochemistry involved has since been studied in detail, and subsequent anti-psychotic drugs have been discovered by an approach that incorporates this sort of information.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antipsychotic

T

Twylight

I don't mean to split hairs - Olanzapine is an A-typical Anti Psychotic - which are also classed as neuroleptics - & which are also categorised as major Tranquillizers; (as opposed to the minor Tranquillizers)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tranquilizer
Aha, it was a Doctor that told me Olanzepine wasn't a tranquilliser, but i've always suspected it is

It is much better than the injections I was on - shite