• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

North West London

G

glimmerofhope

I am in the other North West London (In Canada) haha. Too bad!

G

glimmerofhope

That's awesome Gajolene! and yes, our news channel does really suck! haha.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i'm in hell NW10 as the clash call it

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

They are closing down our day center. I was on the waiting list lol, but for members it was a valuable resource. Lots of classes to do. They are also closing down the council leisure center next door. They say it is for a property development. In other words the council is making a quick buck, and no doubt somebody is getting rich out of it. They are both local community hubs, it is sad that they are doing this.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
just as well you hadn't got dependent on the day centre, at least my hatred of john wilson house prevented that before it closed, mind paranoia and unusual beleifs group better not get too used to it

Would rather go and sit in that posh cafe down the road 3,50 for a carrot juice, wish i could afford it

St patricks day no one to go with, no money to go out on my own

My library centre you used to be able to read the periodicals, they're not available now, can't read them on line without some screen asking for payment if you don't your locked out

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

It was a good - well specced out day center with a garden. Would have liked to done an art course there, or something. Never got off the waiting list. Only thing I did there was the voices group.

Maybe I will join you in the pub one day rambo.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
It was a good - well specced out day center with a garden. Would have liked to done an art course there, or something. Never got off the waiting list. Only thing I did there was the voices group.

Maybe I will join you in the pub one day rambo.
can't afford pub i'm not particularly welcome in my local anyway as a lunatic, last time this drunk came up to me and started laughing in my face, the bar staff aren't likely to do anything, the drunk pays their wages

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

can't afford pub i'm not particularly welcome in my local anyway as a lunatic, last time this drunk came up to me and started laughing in my face, the bar staff aren't likely to do anything, the drunk pays their wages
My local is full of tradesman. They were hot and cold to me. I used to play on the pool table. I have pool skills so I was welcomed in. But I could not keep up with it - yeah I could barely afford it, and it was too noisy and busy for me. this was back in 2012. these days prefer the quiet larger pubs with comfy seating.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i prefer the pubs with a garden were you can sit by yourself with maybe a ceaser salad, but theres none in london particularly with land prices around the centre, and prices, compared to the cost of hospital an occassional meal out should be ok but tell that to osbourne

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

They were planning on closing down the bridge, but a last ditch campaign saved it, so it stays open.

I am a member now, and I am going in tomorrow for news and mens groups. Just to chat with the other crazies. It is a low stress activity.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
going to my mind xmas meal 20 pound, i'd rather be accepted in society but as one friend said about community care, it's a commmunity that doesn't want us and is basically hostile to us

All the disability rights talk about mind been segregation doesn't change that

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

A good idea to just chat with other mental folk, at least they are all in the same boat.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
A good idea to just chat with other mental folk, at least they are all in the same boat.
years ago i met this carer his daughter had been diagnosed schitzoprenic then the other daughter got referred to a day centre she said to some guy at the day centre she wasn't schitzoprenic, he replied we're all schitzoprenic here dear