• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Norman Lamb before Home Affairs Select Committee

shaky

shaky

http://data.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/committeeevidence.svc/evidencedocument/home-affairs-committee/policing-and-mental-health/oral/15293.pdf

(There is an option to view it as video)

Norman Lamb MP and minister for care (or something) pretty much minister for MH too, without it being mentioned.. was asked lots of qustions and some of his ansers were interesting.

So much I can't put it here.

They spent a lot of time talkinga bout MH patients in crisis being in police custody and how in some areas this has fallen dramatically but in others it is still very high (800 in one year in Sussex) but NL couldn't say why this is so (why couldn't he?)

He did dodge some questions and the committee didn't bring him up on that, which is disappointing.

One interesting thing is that there may be some special vehicles introduced - possibly unmarked - for transporting crisis cases to Place of Safety -
(Personally, I'd prefer to go in an ambulance or Police car) .

Anyway, for those who have the attention span, lots to think over.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
my mental health trust has these dog kennels on wheels for transferrring people

F

firemonkee57

If the Lib dems really cared about the mentally ill why team up with the Tories in the first place? Of course if they can get enough mentally ill, and carers/family members of mentally ill, onside it might help them avoid total annihilation come next May.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
the liberals have had they're share of mps with mental health issues, as a minority party much like the greens a lot of people i know support the greens

Jonwal

Jonwal

Maybe we should all dress up as dogs and hang outside places it might make us more appealing :(

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Maybe we should all dress up as dogs and hang outside places it might make us more appealing :(
my girlfriend asked me to register her for the mayhew animal home, i still get e mails, one was about a homeless dog rescued from a car park, the language, it wasn't human, but the language makes out it is, the homeless people under the arches not far away are human but they're not cuddly they lash out