• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Normal?

C

Caprisaurus

Hey
So at first I thought I was hypomanic and rhat it was just leading to mania. Or rather my girlfriend did she noticed the change in me first, I spent ages telling her I'm fine. And honestly I could be anyway. Maybe she's just worrying over nothing. Probably
Eh, anyway
Now everything is the same except my mood. I have the restless energy, no sleep, projects, spending sprees on fucking yarn and crochet hooks, presents and presents and presents. I have all that and more. Ooh, I want to make a flip book, I started cutting the paper last night. An alien one I think I'll do
Eh

But yeah my mood? Jumping between a mixed episode-like thing, and euphoria. Is it normal to cycle between them both? It was just euphoric for almost a week, and now its between the two. Back and forth. Like a yo-yo. Which are so hard to do, I tried the walking the dog one for ages and never got the hang of it
Like I was fine, one top of the world all day. And within the last hours I've been this angry, frustrated disaster who punched something to release some energy and then started bawling my eyes out.
I feel like I'm going crazy

I don't know. Maybe I'm not even manic at all and I'm just being weird 🤷‍♀️

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hey
So at first I thought I was hypomanic and rhat it was just leading to mania. Or rather my girlfriend did she noticed the change in me first, I spent ages telling her I'm fine. And honestly I could be anyway. Maybe she's just worrying over nothing. Probably
Eh, anyway
Now everything is the same except my mood. I have the restless energy, no sleep, projects, spending sprees on fucking yarn and crochet hooks, presents and presents and presents. I have all that and more. Ooh, I want to make a flip book, I started cutting the paper last night. An alien one I think I'll do
Eh

But yeah my mood? Jumping between a mixed episode-like thing, and euphoria. Is it normal to cycle between them both? It was just euphoric for almost a week, and now its between the two. Back and forth. Like a yo-yo. Which are so hard to do, I tried the walking the dog one for ages and never got the hang of it
Like I was fine, one top of the world all day. And within the last hours I've been this angry, frustrated disaster who punched something to release some energy and then started bawling my eyes out.

The tone of what you have written here seems manic and everything you have written about sounds like mania to me. xo, j

K

keith74

Totally agree with JessisMe. It sounds a heck of a lot like mania. My wife was like that for a stretch during her recent manic episode.

M

MouthyOne

Hey
Eh, anyway
Eh

Doesn't seem normal to me. This is a reflection on where your thoughts are in typed form of course.

h_put2021

h_put2021

Hey
Eh, anyway
Eh

I completely feel you. I have been in a similar state and ultra rapid cycling... it's very frustrating and overwhelming & you don't know what to do with yourself.