• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Normal threads

D

Dee7

Is there any one else struggling at minute with dealing with the whole o am bipolar even tho its been 4 years I haven't got a grip on it yet!!

Wishbone

Wishbone

Hi Dee. In what way haven't you got a grip on it?

D

Dee7

I am finding really hard to except the I'm bipolar and this is my life up and down it's so hard to get my head around.i don't cope very well with the ups or down,ad I'm sure no one does.im hoping reading here and talking can help.😀

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

I am finding really hard to except the I'm bipolar and this is my life up and down it's so hard to get my head around.i don't cope very well with the ups or down,ad I'm sure no one does.im hoping reading here and talking can help.😀
Just remember that schizophrenics have it worse! (Just kidding)

Wish4TheNight

Wish4TheNight

I've learned a lot by being on here. Just take your time, ask questions and/or share your experiences if you want.

C

CabbageMama

You don’t want to or feel able to, accept it, Dee? I think that is pretty normal. X

G

Gratefultobewell

I think finding out all you can about bipolar disorder will help. There are on-line articles as well as some good books. A lot of famous people have had bipolar disorder and have been open and candid about it, so you can read about them too. One of my favorite books is An Unquiet Mind by Kay Redfield Jamison. I think the more you know about it, and see how other people deal with it will make it less scary.

Q

Queenoface

Yes it took me some time to accept it and some days I find it hard because it really hurts me to know that this is how I will have to live my life for the rest of my life. It sucks.

J

Jmayfai_r

I know that I will never accept this affliction no matter what evidence there may be to the contrary. I just can't have this thing. Its not even in my demographic. This is a younger persons illness. It manifests at a younger age. Even when I hark back a decade or two and see some signs of maybe something, I might still be too old for this diagnosis.

S

SFGuy

Bipolar 2 here. I knew something was wrong since I've had symptoms all my life (starting at 8) and was relieved when my doc finally diagnosed me in middle age. Meds have made me feel better, even though they require constant adjustments. Learning about the disorder helped me accept it. This is my favorite educational website: Psych Education

G

Gratefultobewell

I wasn’t diagnosed until I was in my 40’s. It‘s good to have a diagnosis, it helps to get on the right medication. It is what it is I guess.