• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Non med compliant.

jax

jax

I am on seroquel xl, Lithium, Depakote and haloperidol. I felt so dulled. Like a zombie. Couldn't laugh or joke. So slowed down and not myself. People were saying I wasn't my usual bubbly self. I wasn't - they were right. I was way too slowed down. So for 5 days I stopped taking the halperidol. I felt human again - alive again. I could laugh and joke. I was back to myself. Not high. I did do a self harm last night as I felt so incredibly depressed.

Only problem is that I have to see my pdoc in a few weeks and she will go through me. I don't want the haloperidol and I'm not going back on the. Anyone else lost their personalily through medication?

M

mad as a hatter

hi jax

i haven,t been on the one u r talking about but i wanted 2 ask u what lithium is like cause my pdoc mentioned putting me on it yesterday and i wasn,t 2 keen tho so i,m looking for some advice on it

jax

jax

I think lithium causes my concentration problems and that was confirmed by the pharmacist. I had no side effects with lithium. I developed an underactive thyroid with it but that only happens in a small percent. I was on 1400 mgs of lithium now on 1000- mg. I came off it in the summer thinking it wasn't working and within 2 weeks I was in hospital - so I guess it does work. :p

M

mad as a hatter

thanks jax
it,s something 2 think about the meds i,m at the moment r simply not working ne more i think it,s just the thought off a change 2 something i,ve never tried before that scares me a bit ne way but thank u ne way

thing fish

thing fish

hey there jax. i start lithium tonight....wish i was on haloperidol

jax

jax

Fish - haloperidol is an awful drug - it stupifies me. Why do you wish you were on it? You have obviously been on it and like it. LOL - isn't it funny how we are all so different?. Especially when it comes to drugs we think work or don't work for us. Good luck with the lithium. x

Hatter - it can take a long time to see the effects of lithium. It may be so gradual that you don't even notice. I hope if you go on it - it works. x
Jacqui