• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Non med compliant.

jax

jax

I am on seroquel xl, Lithium, Depakote and haloperidol. I felt so dulled. Like a zombie. Couldn't laugh or joke. So slowed down and not myself. People were saying I wasn't my usual bubbly self. I wasn't - they were right. I was way too slowed down. So for 5 days I stopped taking the halperidol. I felt human again - alive again. I could laugh and joke. I was back to myself. Not high. I did do a self harm last night as I felt so incredibly depressed.

Only problem is that I have to see my pdoc in a few weeks and she will go through me. I don't want the haloperidol and I'm not going back on the. Anyone else lost their personalily through medication?

M

mad as a hatter

hi jax

i haven,t been on the one u r talking about but i wanted 2 ask u what lithium is like cause my pdoc mentioned putting me on it yesterday and i wasn,t 2 keen tho so i,m looking for some advice on it

jax

jax

I think lithium causes my concentration problems and that was confirmed by the pharmacist. I had no side effects with lithium. I developed an underactive thyroid with it but that only happens in a small percent. I was on 1400 mgs of lithium now on 1000- mg. I came off it in the summer thinking it wasn't working and within 2 weeks I was in hospital - so I guess it does work. :p

M

mad as a hatter

thanks jax
it,s something 2 think about the meds i,m at the moment r simply not working ne more i think it,s just the thought off a change 2 something i,ve never tried before that scares me a bit ne way but thank u ne way

thing fish

thing fish

hey there jax. i start lithium tonight....wish i was on haloperidol

jax

jax

Fish - haloperidol is an awful drug - it stupifies me. Why do you wish you were on it? You have obviously been on it and like it. LOL - isn't it funny how we are all so different?. Especially when it comes to drugs we think work or don't work for us. Good luck with the lithium. x

Hatter - it can take a long time to see the effects of lithium. It may be so gradual that you don't even notice. I hope if you go on it - it works. x
Jacqui