Nom Nom: Diet and Nutrition Hub

L

labruja

OK. So. Who here is looking into diet and nutrition to treat their illness? I have been attempting the Gut and Psychology Syndrome Diet (GAPS), taking cod liver oil and I just got some Niacin (B3) pills.

Hoping this thread can be a space where people can talk about food and what they are doing to adjust their routines and gain support for this from each other. Really interested in what is working for folks, and what isn't so much. Like for instance, has anyone else tried niacin (b3) with any results? sometimes it feels like all this is so futile, but I try to remind myself that progress is slow and that the results take time. Also we can share recipes? Lets be cute.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Twokiwisandabanana

Cinnamon. Is just as good as a drug used to treat diabetes IMO.. Only take Ceylon cinnamon tho
I have hypothyroidism so I take sea kelp tablet every day for iodine and munch on Brazil nuts for selenium.
Try and eat much raw fruit and veg as I can and whenim poor brown rice and Cuban black beans.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Vicfran

Hi, I'm trying the Mediterranean Diet which has a focus on vegetables, legumes, fruit, nuts, seeds and fish. Lots of these things are a good source of Omega 3 fatty acids which are essential to brain health. I also take Omega 3 supplements. Not sure about vitamins. Taking some vitamins in high doses can be dangerous, I think I read somewhere.