• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Noises in head.

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
OMG. had a really bad night last night, had around two hours sleep :eek: . All night long i had this awfull sound in my head kind of like white noise, still getting the noise even now but some how managing to function despite so little sleep. Does anybody else get anything like this as this is the first time i have.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Hi,Yes I frequently get this when I am stressed or anxious! Horrible

aphex2k

aphex2k

Warm milky drink

some lavender oil (aromatherapy - works a treat to relax you!)

Some nice music on headphones (fave album, not too loud)

Get your head down and try to get a few more hours kip.

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
I get this as well and ringing in one ear.It is worse when I'm feeling stressed. I think its a side effect of meds.
KP

emski

emski

Hi Colin,

I get this too, and thoughts that won't turn off, and I've not been sleeping well the past three nights because of it, but I have managed to have a few sound hours sleep this afternoon.

I think the headphones idea of aphex's is a really good idea - something to concentrate on other than the noise or thoughts. My advice also is to not worry that you can't sleep at the time. Get up, have a hot drink, do something like read a paper or watch a bit of TV and then have a fresh go at getting back to sleep. Also, if you miss a night's sleep completely, catch sleep then whenever you can, even if you need to sleep during the day. I find this helps because losing a full night's sleep can send me high and then I obviously can't sleep then because of that. Just catch it while you can :hug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jb5784 Bipolar Forum 5