Noise Triggers

D

dlzoidberg

Hi, my name is Stuart, and I have been psychotic for 15 years, though only diagnosed a few months ago. I am on olanzapine, like so many others. I have never taken street drugs, and am only a light drinker. My psychosis was developed through depression.

I find that certain noises cause me to hear voices. These noises are traffic, heating systems, fridges, computers, televisions, dvd players, video recorders, microwave ovens, toasters, the wind, plumbing(being in a bathroom) and only sometimes a radio.

A

Ainsworth

:welcome:

hey Stuart, i heard voices as a child and sometimes now, (in fact this morning tbh)

dont know what caused them as a child i never told anyone but it was very frightening, especially with what they wanted me to do!

now i probably take something i shouldnt that may cause them but have them without it also :unsure:

D

dlzoidberg

Thank you for the welcome unremarkable. The only thing I normally get told to do, is to commit suicide. I was told to kill someone, for the first time last week.

As for hearing voices, I am hearing them as I type. My first psychiatrist told me that as I went so long without treatment, I can never be fully cured, though my cpn disagrees. He is due soon, and will spend another 5 minutes telling me why I have not got magic powers, which I find hilarious.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LadyDomino Hearing Voices Forum 0
vanish Hearing Voices Forum 8