• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Noise through sounds

Passionflower

Passionflower

I used to hear voices through the sound of the fridge humming, but not any more.

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

I have general buzzing noise that I hear as well as The Voice. I put the humming noise down to tinitus as I have hearing problems too.

Sometimes my head gets so noisy with The Voice and the buzzing I just want to scream.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I've had my voice speaking through vibrations, when chewing crunchy food, in my footsteps, in the sound of a fan (floor fan and PC fans), the sound of a washing machine on spin, a tumble dryer and running water to name a few.

When I started taking medication it slowly faded away as I took higher and higher doses, I can still hear tiny variations in the frequency of my floor fan but that's about it.

EdEd

EdEd

I usually hear voices through the most constant source of sound.. examples: A/C , fans , vehicle traffic.. the sounds that are constant I hear voices within.

R

Rabit777

I usually don’t hear anything abnormal but I’m more aware or ambient noises like the tap dripping drives me crazy or the ac kicking on or the laundry spinning.

R

Rabit777

I mean I hear voices but I mean other noises

Finite

Finite

Yes for sure. Hair dryers, vacuum cleaners, passing cars and airplanes for example, can all contain voices for me.