• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Noise anxiety

P

Pchelek

As the topic shows, I’ve been dealing with noise anxiety for some time now. It all started when I moved to another house. Before moving I never really appreciated how lucky I was with neighbors. They were nice people, sometimes heard them walking, moving stuff but never had trouble with them. Once I’ve moved to a new apartment my life started to getting worse and worse. It turned out that my new neighbors have 4 dogs which bark all the time even at night. Whenever I hear them I start to panick, my heart starts to beat faster and I’m feeling like I’m losing oxygen. To get rid of the barking I use headphones with loud noise which blocks the barking. The thing is that even with headphones I feel like I deserve to be treated like this that God wants to make me feel real pain inside. When I go to sleep my neighbors decide from time to time to put loud music. Even with headphones I can feel the floor, the bed moving(trembling)because of the noise. I can’t sleep at all and I’m sweating alot sometimes I just lay down in my bed through all the night even when the music stops I overthink alot, I am nervous, I think that the music will start playing again to make me feel pain.

I feel that I need to say about my past which plays a big role in my pain. When I was 7 years old I moved to another country with only my mother, my father stayed in the country that I was born at. I was really young at that age and I was really nervous back then I needed to learn a new language to communicate with others. At the beginning they were laughing at me because I couldn’t understand what they were saying and I am a very shy person till this day. When I was 14 years old I moved to another country, similar story. I never had friends at school. Never been talking much with others, only with teachers and I could answer if somebody would start talking to me in most situations but not all. I used to go to a psychologist for 3 years, every week but at the end of each session when he was asking me if I feel better than I felt before if the sessions help me I was lying to him and I was saying that slowly I feel better. I was doing it to make him feel more happy, satisfied that he is helping me. I’m really shy and I’m really scared to show others what I really think.

So, I’m 18 years old now and school is really showing it’s true face. I need to study alot and do alot of homework. The thing is that the past, the memories is hitting me real hard and now when I hear the noise I get really nervous because of it. I feel like my life needed to go this way to show me that I’m not worth to be living it. Everything is against me but I managed to fight these things, but when I moved to the new apartment I just started giving up really quickly. Before moving I could go to the apartment after school and relax after a hard day at school, now I feel like I would rather go in a middle of a field or a forest and sleep there than to come back to my house because I don’t feel like it is my home.

To not extend the thread I’m going to say that I don’t want to take any medicine, I feel like the trouble is in my head not in medicine. If anybody would have any tips what should I do better It would be greatefully appreciated. Also sorry for grammar errors, I’m not really good at English.

Talula67

Talula67

As the topic shows, I’ve been dealing with noise anxiety for some time now. It all started when I moved to another house. Before moving I never really appreciated how lucky I was with neighbors. They were nice people, sometimes heard them walking, moving stuff but never had trouble with them. Once I’ve moved to a new apartment my life started to getting worse and worse. It turned out that my new neighbors have 4 dogs which bark all the time even at night. Whenever I hear them I start to panick, my heart starts to beat faster and I’m feeling like I’m losing oxygen. To get rid of the barking I use headphones with loud noise which blocks the barking. The thing is that even with headphones I feel like I deserve to be treated like this that God wants to make me feel real pain inside. When I go to sleep my neighbors decide from time to time to put loud music. Even with headphones I can feel the floor, the bed moving(trembling)because of the noise. I can’t sleep at all and I’m sweating alot sometimes I just lay down in my bed through all the night even when the music stops I overthink alot, I am nervous, I think that the music will start playing again to make me feel pain.

I feel that I need to say about my past which plays a big role in my pain. When I was 7 years old I moved to another country with only my mother, my father stayed in the country that I was born at. I was really young at that age and I was really nervous back then I needed to learn a new language to communicate with others. At the beginning they were laughing at me because I couldn’t understand what they were saying and I am a very shy person till this day. When I was 14 years old I moved to another country, similar story. I never had friends at school. Never been talking much with others, only with teachers and I could answer if somebody would start talking to me in most situations but not all. I used to go to a psychologist for 3 years, every week but at the end of each session when he was asking me if I feel better than I felt before if the sessions help me I was lying to him and I was saying that slowly I feel better. I was doing it to make him feel more happy, satisfied that he is helping me. I’m really shy and I’m really scared to show others what I really think.

So, I’m 18 years old now and school is really showing it’s true face. I need to study alot and do alot of homework. The thing is that the past, the memories is hitting me real hard and now when I hear the noise I get really nervous because of it. I feel like my life needed to go this way to show me that I’m not worth to be living it. Everything is against me but I managed to fight these things, but when I moved to the new apartment I just started giving up really quickly. Before moving I could go to the apartment after school and relax after a hard day at school, now I feel like I would rather go in a middle of a field or a forest and sleep there than to come back to my house because I don’t feel like it is my home.

To not extend the thread I’m going to say that I don’t want to take any medicine, I feel like the trouble is in my head not in medicine. If anybody would have any tips what should I do better It would be greatefully appreciated. Also sorry for grammar errors, I’m not really good at English.
Hi @Pchelek
I am so sorry you are getting tormented by the noise level where you are living. Can I just ask -

What country are you living in?
What type of property, rented/ private / council / housing association?

It must be horrendous for you and so inconsiderate of your neighbours. 4 dogs in an apartment???

P

Pchelek

Hi @Pchelek
I am so sorry you are getting tormented by the noise level where you are living. Can I just ask -

What country are you living in?
What type of property, rented/ private / council / housing association?

It must be horrendous for you and so inconsiderate of your neighbours. 4 dogs in an apartment???
Hey Talula, Thanks for Your reply.
To answer Your question saying an apartment was a mistake. To be more clear I live in a terraced house. Why I called it a apartment, well it’s like living in a apartment, I can clearly hear my neighbours next wall to the left and to the right. I have nothing against my neighbor to my left, but my neighbor to my right has 4 dogs, it’s a lady who has dogs after her daughters who moved houses a few years ago.(1 daughter still does come to the house from time to time). (That’s what She said at least). The thing is that she never takes care of the dogs, it looks like she has enough of them and she keeps them and treats them like toys. She gives them only food. They stay in the garden next to my garden all the time, sometimes they even walk to her house. At night they go to a doghouse which is literally 5 meters from my walls. I think that they bark because they have nothing to do all the time and they are stuck in the garden.

I live in Germany. It’s a bought house (not rented). People living here seems to not give a f*** about others, it’s kind of a rural area. There’s lots of „loud” people living here. When I asked a few people, they said to me that Police doesn’t really take actions for noise complaints in here. Sorry for the grammar.

fragrant_violet

fragrant_violet

There are loads if shreds on this topic

Try checking in the archuves

M

morty2

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You can do something about this,,its not allowed. Im going through case at moment with my neighbours above me,,their making my life hell. Im not putting up with it!!.

Talula67

Talula67

You can do something about this,,its not allowed. Im going through case at moment with my neighbours above me,,their making my life hell. Im not putting up with it!!.
I know I was thinking that Mort, isn't it the environmental health or something. It seems horrendous doesn't it ...poor soul 😳
Hope you are ok? :hug1:

M

morty2

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I know I was thinking that Mort, isn't it the environmental health or something. It seems horrendous doesn't it ...poor soul 😳
Hope you are ok? :hug1:
I dont know where you are but ive reported to Housing officer,if not community police officer or council babe!!. Mines horrendous,trouble is ,its adults and kids but deliberate making crashing,stamping,,not just playing.They are going to record if after another warning they dont stop!. So do something hun.