• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Nobody seems to understand the love I have for him!

L

limichelle32

Who are the people in my life to judge because I want to wait for my former boyfriend to get better mentally so we can be together again? My personal trainer thinks it's an abusive relationship strictly only on the fact he is unstable. He has never once hit me or been mean to me. He has always gone out of his way even now doing med changes so he can come back to me.
It will most likely take a year for him to come around fully with therapy and Meds. I'm willing to wait! My dad thinks he will never get better so why wait? Well why abandon the ship because of one storm?
Love is not just roses it's work and patience and you will be sure to hit bumps.
I just hate people not understanding mental illness.
He is in such darkness and I love him! I'm not putting my life on hold I'm still getting what is needed to be done. My heart is taken.
My dad wants me to find somebody who can support me financially!
My trainer wants me to find somebody sane.
It's none of their business but it creates the elephant in the room nobody is allowed to talk about!
I get to hear about other people's love lives but when I bring up mine they just roll their eyes.
I came here because of all places you guys would understand!
I too have a serious mental illness what if I was in similar position as he is would I deserve to be left behind.

Thanks for letting me vent,
Lisa

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

Lisa,

Its awesome the way you stick by your fella.

All the best to you and him.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Ignore that others. Sure they want whats best for you but you do whats best for you and your ex boyfriend. Your will to wait because you love him sooooo much. This in it self is rare in the world today. You should be proud of yourself for having the determination and conviction. I really hope things work out for the both of you and even if it takes longer than a year, then so be it. You have a special bond with eachother take it unbreakable. I will look foward to the day you come on this forum and tells us your back together.
Take care and never give up.

L

limichelle32

Thank you all so much!! I can't wait for the day as well! I believe it was fate that brought us together but it's life and the illness that make it hard. You must face the darkest of hours before you can see the light. I believe this! We have a good foundation of honesty, communication, trust that are pillars.
He just recently developed relationship anxiety and OCD. So like you guys say who cares really if people can't support it!
I know my dad will come around in a year or more when he sees how well He is doing. As for my Personal trainer she needs to butt out and just get me thin lol.
Thank you all much love!
Lisa

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Never give up ok? You know not to listen to society or others. Like I said though your dad and your trainer really mean well but there not you, they are not experiencing what you are, they are not full of the emotions and feelings you have. So I understand your frustration with them but they will come around once they see the positives. It's not a question of "if" but "when".

All the best!

In the Clouds

In the Clouds

You are really strong and he is very lucky. I know what it's like to have people roll your eyes when you mention your relationship because they don't want you to be with your boyfriend and for people to tell you to end it, but I can't imagine the fight you're putting up against people. But good for you! This is really nice to see. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E People 2