• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Nobody really cares

M

MYTIMEHASCOME

Sorry to put you all on a downer

But i just realised - nobody really cares for others - we as humans are selfish and only care for ourselves - we feel obliged to care for people due to biological bonds but nobody actully cares - yes maybe someone would cry if u passed away but that would eventully fade and in time it would be as if we didnt exist at all x

W

Waverunner

But i just realised - nobody really cares for others - we as humans are selfish and only care for ourselves - we feel obliged to care for people due to biological bonds but nobody actully cares - yes maybe someone would cry if u passed away but that would eventully fade and in time it would be as if we didnt exist at all x
Not sure I totally agree with you. I've lost a few people in my time and many many years down the line, still care and wish they were here.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED

Well I certainly don't care about myself and I care for lots of people so that's false clocky

T

Topcat

People definitely do care.
Not everybody I'm sure.
But most.
Sometimes it's a lot of little "cares" that add up in peoples lives.
I imagine the less people you allow into your life, the less care you see.

For example. A silly one perhaps.
A lady who must live in our road, no idea who she is, knocks on everybody's doors when the bins are being collected on an odd day due to bank holidays, to remind us to put our bins out.
She cares.
Am sure there's lots of examples, some bigger and more personal than others. All add up.
Xxx

Jimny

Jimny

I dont particularly care for myself ( I'm trying ) but I certainly care for others. The smaller things matter, look closely.

Gajolene

Gajolene

Unfortunately biological bonds are not a priority for people caring, not everyone is blessed this way, but that does not mean that other people don't care either, sometimes as much as we do care it is very awkward trying to support a person in pain when they have not has similar experiences and don't understand what your going through. I used to wish I could learn to not care and couldn't understand it or how it seems so easy for some people. Especially when the ones you care deeply for, don't feel the same towards you?

B

blue spark

Well,a while ago i had to make some changes for my own health reasones.I cut some people out of my life because them being in my life didn't help me.I did everything for them and got nothing in return.I saw them every day,but now i don't see them at all.My sister and brother in law know i am not well,they haven't even phoned to see how i am.That leaves me to believe they don't care.Then again i am no longer bothered,and i truely am feeling better.I just do my own thing now,like getting up early in the morning for a two hour drive to pick some classic car parts up.To be honest,its great not having to bother about other people outside of my close family.And i have more time to myself,which i need to get better. PS Iff only you knew.

C

cally75

Well,a while ago i had to make some changes for my own health reasones.I cut some people out of my life because them being in my life didn't help me.I did everything for them and got nothing in return.I saw them every day,but now i don't see them at all.My sister and brother in law know i am not well,they haven't even phoned to see how i am.That leaves me to believe they don't care.Then again i am no longer bothered,and i truely am feeling better.I just do my own thing now,like getting up early in the morning for a two hour drive to pick some classic car parts up.To be honest,its great not having to bother about other people outside of my close family.And i have more time to myself,which i need to get better. PS Iff only you knew.
A few years ago now, we had a power cut. Whole city without power for days. Anyways, I had neighbours I never spoke to before come round offering me candles & food etc. Even all shops were closed down from floods. It was like a zombie film! Anyways, some people do care

T

Topcat

Definitely, some people may care, but do not have very much left to give.
Or find it difficult.
But, there's lots of ways to show care.
I care a lot about a lot of things, but I find it overwhelming sometimes. And having a pile of kids takes my caring, and sometimes there's nothing left, especially when I'm finding things hard.
But, even if it's little things, I always want to show I care.
I can just manage some times more than others.
I never feel many people care in my life either. But I don't have many people in it to show it.

B

blue spark

Yes nice people do care,and people will pull together in a cotastrophy,because they have to.We all have to ride out a storm together at some time in life..
A few years ago now, we had a power cut. Whole city without power for days. Anyways, I had neighbours I never spoke to before come round offering me candles & food etc. Even all shops were closed down from floods. It was like a zombie film! Anyways, some people do care

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Sometimes it is good not to care. Some people care too much and would do well to mind their own business.

Gajolene

Gajolene

Caring too much is a burden all on it's own. I still care too much and bring unnecessary pain onto myself because of it. If we can't stop caring with people who have wronged us in the past, you can't let go of the pain that goes along with that caring.

Unique1

Unique1

Sometimes it is good not to care. Some people care too much and would do well to mind their own business.
Was going to say got a neighbour just like that..but she's more interfering and nosey than caring, she drives me crackers, always lurking in the bloody garden, talking about everyone's business...she certainly needs to mind her own business ! Judgemental sew n sew lol...